Kirk Herbstreit Says Something Nice re: Nebraska and Their 0-2 Start

https://247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-Scott-Frost-pump-the-brakes-on-judgement-says-Kirk-Herbstreit-122240737/

But compare programs like Florida State, UCLA and Arizona to Nebraska and the Huskers fall under a different umbrella in spite of an 0-2 start. That is the argument ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit made Wednesday.

“I’m going to cherry pick Nebraska out of the rest of the teams you mentioned because they’ve actually played and competed and just ended up losing games at the end,” he said on the Herbstreit and Fitzsimmons Podcast. “ I know the Troy game was a game they should have won. But if you watched them play, you didn’t walk away shaking your head thinking, ‘what in the world are they doing.’

There's more in the article, and he's got a good point, as loathe as I am to admit it (because I dislike Herbie, not because I am jumping off the Frost bandwagon). We just need to clean some things up, and those are wins and we have positive buzz going into Ann Arbor. 

• Plus1 1

Herby is a good analyst and has been very kind to NU over the years. He picked us as a dark horse MNC contender under Bo, and we made him look like a fool. Husker fans need to get over that clip from forever ago.

This is all going to take time. We've made some killer progress, but we have a ways to go. We'll compete with Michigan, and we could win. That's what I love most about this rejuvenate roster, they're actually competing every game, and every down.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

I think only the most serious Kool-aid swilling fool would have said that in 9 months Frost would have this team competing for a championship of any kind.  Most of us thought we would see gradual improvement and I think compared to last year we have.....especially on defense.  The offense had a decent quarter and a half vs the Buffs and a few plays vs Troy.  We are a work in progress and it will continue barring injuries to key players. I've always liked KH and I still do.

• Plus1 1

I will post my theory again.

Leonardo DiCaprio took forever to win an Oscar because he was beautiful and the male voters couldn’t take a hot guy seriously as an actor. He didn’t win an Oscar until he got old, beardy, and dirty.

Herbstreit has the same problem. I had a huge crush on him as a teenager. He’s hot so men don’t like him. I’ve seen like 5 different fanbases hating on him and I really don’t visit many other fan message boards.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Leonardo DiCaprio took forever to win an Oscar because he was beautiful and the male voters couldn’t take a hot guy seriously as an actor. He didn’t win an Oscar until he got old, beardy, and dirty.

Herbstreit has the same problem. I had a huge crush on him as a teenager. He’s hot so men don’t like him. I’ve seen like 5 different fanbases hating on him and I really don’t visit many other fan message boards.

So that's my problem.  

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Idk about this. I don't mind Herbsteit, I think he is a good announcer most of the time and I dont think he has a bias against us. He is like normal person off the street good looking but not some Adonis. He just looks like average white guy with added makeup and bleached teeth. 

8 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Idk about this. I don't mind Herbsteit, I think he is a good announcer most of the time and I dont think he has a bias against us. He is like normal person off the street good looking but not some Adonis. He just looks like average white guy with added makeup and bleached teeth. 

You don’t irrationally dislike him, therefore you aren’t intimidated by his good looks. For the record he’s not nearly as hot now as he was in the 90s but I suppose aging 20 years will do that to a person, unless that person is Brad Pitt or George Clooney.