*** Official Michigan Game Thread ***

Mavric

I knew our lines were bad, but this is scary. It may take 2 or 3 years to get enough players to compete. This really sad part is we are supposedly playing only 6 on the OL because the rest are so much worse. I am pretty sure I could do better that those on the OL today. My stats are 56 years old, 5'10" and 160lbs. No ACL in left knee, Two should surgeries, thumb, elbow and wrist surgery, arthritis in both ankles.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Yep all Michigan is doing is blocking. They are showing their superior strength.

This should create quiet the stir for the offensive line who wants to come out and give us an inspirational speech this week on how hard they work. It sounds really nice when it is said, but when there appears to be zero effort in the most simplest sense of your job, the words get washed out quickly. 

All this talk about our strength program was pure BS and its showing today.  

• Plus1 1

The learning curve is much harder than we thought. The lines on both sides don’t have the bodies right now for Frost’s system. I can’t diminish how bad this is, but there is nothing else I can do but keep supporting the team and Frost, and I hope he recruits the right players and figures this out. 

Just now, The Duke said:

Scott Frost is the right man for the job...however...

The entire staff is badly getting out-coached today.

Bull. You can't coach the unwilling. There are still kids on defense fighting and are getting stops, and Martinez seems to be the only kid on offense that gives a f***. You can't scheme when your kids aren't willing to play. 

Now, if you want to discuss benching starters in favor of younger kids/second/third stringers based on effort, then let's talk. But let's not say coaches can't coach when it's pretty damn evident many kids left their f***s at home. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Scott Frost is the right man for the job...however...

The entire staff is badly getting out-coached today.

Maybe some coaching, but coupling a defeated, losing mentality with talent that is lacking in critical areas of the team...you are going to look awful.

There is not one coach I can think of better than Frost to turn the program.  It may take two more recruiting classes, but no one else is better for the job.

These kids are conditioned losers from previous years.  It's very difficult to turn that corner.  I hope it does not carry with them adversely through life's walk and they realize no one is ever consigned to failure.

• Plus1 1
Just now, VectorVictor said:

Bull. You can't coach the unwilling. There are still kids on defense fighting and are getting stops, and Martinez seems to be the only kid on offense that gives a f***. You can't scheme when your kids aren't willing to play. 

Now, if you want to discuss benching starters in favor of younger kids/second/third stringers based on effort, then let's talk. But let's not say coaches can't coach when it's pretty damn evident many kids left their f***s at home. 

So why are the kids that left their f***s at home still starting, playing, or even on the team?

That’s on the coaches.

• Plus1 3