*** Official Michigan Game Thread ***

Mavric

7 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Ric, you've been disingenuous in your arguments and talk out both sides of your mouth. Sorry if my calling you out for your lack of integrity is perceived as being a jerk, but you know full well what you propose is what the SEC does, and it's not honorable. 

Maybe you should read the book "More Than Winning". The guy who wrote that is all about honesty and integrity above all else. It's what Nebraska is about. 

If you're not about honesty and integrity, maybe you should go find another team to follow. 

I'm sorry but I have not seen him imply what you are saying. Maybe you can quote it cause I never saw it.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Ric, you've been disingenuous in your arguments and talk out both sides of your mouth. Sorry if my calling you out for your lack of integrity is perceived as being a jerk, but you know full well what you propose is what the SEC does, and it's not honorable. 

Maybe you should read the book "More Than Winning". The guy who wrote that is all about honesty and integrity above all else. It's what Nebraska is about. 

If you're not about honesty and integrity, maybe you should go find another team to follow. 

No, I’ve been very clear that players who try their best should remain on scholarship, while those who don’t should not. It’s not that complicated of an argument.

The idea that quitters, losers, and cancers should remain on scholarship out of some misguided and clueless desire to maintain our ‘integrity’ is simple-minded nonsense.

• Plus1 1
Just now, lo country said:

I think it is apparent that even great coaching (giving Frost and Co benefit of the doubt) can not out work superior talent.  This game, and in reality most of Riley's tenure and our first 2 games, we lack a lot.  Speed, aggression, strength, talent etc.....

If thats the case Nebraska is screwed. They're never going to recruit in the top ten like Michigan, osu and psu.

I don't think it speaks to anyone's integrity questioning if  a player should retain the scholarship.  There is a tacit agreement that they will put forth effort in the Nebraska football program in return for the educational benefits etc..  If they do not honor their end I think it is perfectly right to question their integrity.

We don't need road crews with 1 or 2 guys doing all the heavy lifting while the others stand around holding signs.

• Plus1 1
Just now, LumberJackSker said:

If thats the case Nebraska is screwed. They're never going to recruit in the top ten like Michigan, osu and psu.

I think Frost is doing well for the 2019 class.  Getting kids that are highly recruited and kids who fit his scheme.  Start breaking the top 20, I think we see a difference.

In reality, the kids Riley recruited were for a pro style O and I have no idea on D.  The Frost scheme on both sides is night and day different than Riley.  Again, square peg meet round hole.  Throw in Frost actually wants accountability and work ethic..........

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Bryon said:

I don't think it speaks to anyone's integrity questioning if  a player should retain the scholarship.  There is a tacit agreement that they will put forth effort in the Nebraska football program in return for the educational benefits etc..  If they do not honor their end I think it is perfectly right to question their integrity.

We don't need road crews with 1 or 2 guys doing all the heavy lifting while the others stand around holding signs.

If a player does not follow the rules, or put in the required effort, the scholarship should be pulled. If the player lacks skill, then it is the coach's fault for recruiting the player.

Great play by Bootle.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No, I’ve been very clear that players who try their best should remain on scholarship, while those who don’t should not. It’s not that complicated of an argument.

The idea that quitters, losers, and cancers should remain on scholarship out of some misguided and clueless desire to maintain our ‘integrity’ is simple-minded nonsense.

Just out of curiosity, which players specifically should have their scholarships revoked?

• Fire 1