*** Official Michigan Game Thread ***

Mavric

6 minutes ago, irafreak said:

I'm sorry but I have not seen him imply what you are saying. Maybe you can quote it cause I never saw it.

That's because he hasn't, and he won't. Ric specifically said we should get kids off of scholarship that aren't buying in. There's really only one model of doing that in college football that doesn't involve medical/injury-related exits (read: the SEC model), and Ric has failed to provide an alternative to that model that achieves the same results.

Unless Ric provides this new model that allows Frost to kick players off and use their scholarship while maintaining our program's honesty and integrity, then it's a more than reasonable assumption he's talking about Nebraska using SEC methods to get players to leave our program and open scholarships.

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If you go and look at the roster from that Fiesta team, most were not on the winless team.  I get that it's easy to look at a score and make that assessment, but going winless is hard to do in College Football and is just as bad for a team's culture and mindset than going 4-8 in the BIG.  

Just gonna cherry pick and ignore that I said TWO bowl games? You're just ignoring that this was a program growing used to winning right before 0-12

28 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Maybe Frost should have read the ingredients of a Dos Equis bottle to our team to inspire them?

Couldn't be any worse than the Werther's Originals and hip-hip-hoorays that Riley offered...

Maybe we have a few belligerent drunks on the team and would show some fight (or get in one, whichever).

Just now, HuskerInLostWages said:

Hey, you piss off haha.  I originally said we win 7, then I drank the kool aid and said 8.  I was wrong, VERY VERY WRONG

Same.  Said less than 7-5 regular season would be a disappointment.  Looking back (listening) to Frost in the winter, spring and fall as well as the pressers, he was really trying to encourage and build these kids up.  I think he knew first hand what he was inheriting and how to try and fix it.  I'm thinking he might ratchet up the close door pressure more now.