Before and After war photos

When I look at these it amazes me that the few can cause the many to do this kind of thing. Also, although I would save a human before an ancient artifact, the thing that made me the most angry when ISIS was rampaging was what they were doing to ancient sites. The damage they did was forever but they are almost gone now after only a few years.

Jonah's Tomb:

948344323.jpg

Palmyra, Syria:

767807711.jpg

Rotterdam before/after German bombing:

817269685.jpg

Aleppo:

20-photos-describe-the-WAR-577a14eaef767

Independence Square in Kiev (fitting that it's cloudy in the after photo):

o-KIEV-facebook.jpg

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

The survivors of war not only have to suffer the loss of loved ones they also have to endure the loss of their homes, businesses, churches and synagogues.  Then they start the rebuilding process with little to work with usually.  

This is why I cringe when our President thinks “we are the boss” simply because we have the strongest military.  And we (the US) will “show them force the world has never seen...”

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening to Blueprint for Armageddon IV and Carlin wad talking about the Battle of Verdun.  He said before the battle the area was all heavily wooded, and after the battle it looked like the moon, but worse (from all the heavy shelling).

This is what it the battlefield looks like today.  You can see what it probably looked like before with that small wooded area in the upper-left corner.

wOiMbHR.jpg

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I was listening to Blueprint for Armageddon IV and Carlin wad talking about the Battle of Verdun.  He said before the battle the area was all heavily wooded, and after the battle it looked like the moon, but worse (from all the heavy shelling).

This is what it the battlefield looks like today.  You can see what it probably looked like before with that small wooded area in the upper-left corner.

wOiMbHR.jpg

Even crazier is that 100 years later there are still no-go zones where it's too dangerous for people to even step foot, whether it's because of landmines/explosives or chemical weapons. War is literal hell, and yet, you can still find beauty in it...

On 10/1/2018 at 9:50 AM, ZRod said:

Even crazier is that 100 years later there are still no-go zones where it's too dangerous for people to even step foot, whether it's because of landmines/explosives or chemical weapons. War is literal hell, and yet, you can still find beauty in it...

You would think that some how, they could develop something that could go over areas like this and detonate anything under ground like explosives or land mines safely.  Clear everyone away from the area, do it once and make the area much safer for future generations.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You would think that some how, they could develop something that could go over areas like this and detonate anything under ground like explosives or land mines safely.  Clear everyone away from the area, do it once and make the area much safer for future generations.

Think of the shear scale though. You're talking about massive battlefields with frontlines stretching for miles and miles. You have no idea where you may find unexploded ordinance, and you could have a whole stockpile burried underground that could level a town if detonated. It's really interesting to read comments on Reddit in the history threads about this. I guess it's fairly common for farmers to dig up old shells in the fields to this day.