Buy Low, Sell High

Mavric

36 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

Of UCF's 16 All Conference players 13 were Seniors and Juniors.

First off what do any of those players have to do with UCF’s 2013 team? They didn’t play. Secondly, I said O’Leary left some good players. BUT, you counted Mike Hughes twice since he was in as a CB and PR but he was a juco Frost recruit. Griffin was a 3rd string safety when Frost got there.

Do you think maybe those juniors/seniors have a huge leg up on guys that have been in a college lifting/nutrition program for 2 years less than them? They had 20 freshman/sophomores, 15 juniors, and 12 seniors on their two deep. That was a young team.

10 hours ago, LaunchCode said:

Here's a problem I'm having. 

George O'leary's 2013 UCF team beat Penn State in Happy Valley, also beat #8 Louisville on the road, went undefeated in conference, won 12 games including 2014 Fiesta bowl over #6 Baylor.  I think by anyone's standards we can safely say O'leary took UCF to the top of the college football mountain.  

So if we're going to blame MR the next 1-3 years for all SF's losses and failures then shouldn't the same standard apply to SF's successes at UCF?  Shouldn't O'leary get the majority of the credit for SF's wins. 

Is it possible maybe he wasn't what we thought he was at UCF and benefited greatly from the culture and players O'leary handed him?  Seems like a humongous double standard to credit him with full success for UCF after only two years while holding him completely blame free for the lack of success here and blaming it all on the last guy. 

If the reason were losing so bad is because there are players not "buying in" as SF has made a point suggesting more than once, then why doesn't he give them the boot?  Why are they practicing with the team, playing, traveling, etc....  The coaches job is to get players to buy in, what's he going to do differently to accomplish that since apparently what he's done now hasn't worked? 

Let's continue this logic then, UCFs success this year and next year is more credited to Frost than it is to Heupel. So, the hot start UCF is off to already this year is mostly Frost's doing. So, seems to suggest he was what we thought at UCF. 

15 hours ago, JKinney said:

It's crazy to me the amount of propaganda  being pushed out of the campus and media these days.  I am fully supportive of Scott Frost, but at what point does he receive any criticism for starting 0-3?  He has made numerous coaching errors to get us here see points below (reiteration of previous posts)    

-We are losing the turnover margin, and both Martinez and many of the running backs continue to run with the ball away from their body (this comes down to coaching). 

-Several 4th and short play-calls, have failed because for some reason Scott Frost refuses to run the most efficient short yardage play: the QB sneak under center. 

-His clock management has been very questionable, when we were behind late to Troy he bleeds the clock with plays for an almost 7 minute drive, but when we are ahead against Colorado we can barely run off a minute at all.  

-Michigan was certainly more talented than us, but not 56-10 worthy.  Frost had a very poor gameplan, and as other posters have pointed out, he lacks a significant power run game.  

-The unnecessary penalties continue to plague us, and they need to coach up special teams.

I am so sick of hearing about players who are a "cancer"  and not "buying in".  Not "buying in" does not cause you to fumble the ball, hold the ball away from your body (or are you going to argue that Adrian Martinez, and about 90% of our running backs aren't "buying in").  It doesn't cause you to commit penalties over and over and over (this is coaching!).  It doesn't cause poor clock management.  It doesn't cause you to continue running a scheme that the players either are not capable of running, or are not consistently running.  For example, has Scott called one offensive play under center yet this year?  I'm not saying change your scheme, but why not try something just to change it up.

Still 100% support Scott Frost, but it is becoming increasingly clear that he might have been over hyped.  He needs to do some learning and fixing as much (if not more) than the players.

Frost is overhyped in your view?  Unbelievable.  This staff is 3 fricking games into their first season.  How about you dial it back a tad?  Yeah the results we have seen thus far are not ideal--in fact they are the opposite of ideal.  But we need to sit back and just let this process work.  

Frost and these coaches took an 0-12 team to 6-6 then 13-0...they didn't suddenly become stupid and incompetent overnight.

Were going to take some lumps this year.  Things are probably going to get worse before they get better.  I dunno, maybe take some Prozac if you can't handle it.

• Plus1 2

Using the first trillion dollar market cap company as an example for DONU 's future when countless other companies worth pennies in the 80s, 90 and 00s went under isn't smart or clever analysis.  Its more like manipulative BS to get a bunch of clueless likes and retweets.

I do think Frost will get things going well though.  There are just better ways to articulate the potential than this.

4 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Frost is overhyped in your view?  Unbelievable.  This staff is 3 fricking games into their first season.  How about you dial it back a tad?  Yeah the results we have seen thus far are not ideal--in fact they are the opposite of ideal.  But we need to sit back and just let this process work.  

Frost and these coaches took an 0-12 team to 6-6 then 13-0...they didn't suddenly become stupid and incompetent overnight.

Were going to take some lumps this year.  Things are probably going to get worse before they get better.  I dunno, maybe take some Prozac if you can't handle it.

"Still 100% support Scott Frost, but it is becoming increasingly clear that he might have been over hyped.  He needs to do some learning and fixing as much (if not more) than the players."  This is the line in my post that triggered you?  Really?  I can promise you that I am plenty relaxed, you can keep your Prozac, seems like you might need it.  

5 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

This is the most intelligent post in this thread.  Think long term folks. There’s no quick fix to what we’ve gotten ourselves into. T.O. said as much himself.  

On 9/24/2018 at 12:07 AM, Making Chimichangas said:

@Making Chimichangas, like your post.  Actually liked what @JKinney had to say as well.

I just wanted to express that it would have been very helpful for you @Making Chimichangas to have been as realistic as you are now back when others, like you, were drinking heavy doses of the Red Koolaid stuff.

Everyone is learning, so, I'll extend the needed mercy and grace while I ask for it as well.

Frost has made more mistakes than I expected  this far, agree with JKinney ... but I do place my hope and trust in him to grow and learn.  He is still the guy.

Good banter guys.