Were we better last year?

khaake

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Just so I understand - we're gonna use the same defense that we used for Mike Riley's first year, and we're comfortable with it being a good justification? 

No he didn't.

Yes, he did.  We were lucky to win those 4 games last year

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

No, he said that last week. Some things he DID say before the season were, "This isn't a rebuilding year", and "this isn't year zero". He did say some other things to temper expectations, but he very clearly made a bad assessment in where we were. 

You’re right, think I’m still drunk from last night.  

33 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Frost pretty much took over an 0-12 team for the second time.

I'm pretty much in favor of giving Frost Kirk Ferentz status here until he's ready to retire, but I can't be the only one to find humor in this level of mental gymnastics to defend the unsatisfactory job he's done so far, right?

• Plus1 3

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm pretty much in favor of giving Frost Kirk Ferentz status here until he's ready to retire, but I can't be the only one to find humor in this level of mental gymnastics to defend the unsatisfactory job he's done so far, right?

You’re right, it should not be this bad and coaches are partially to blame but I think we have a bunch of scrubs for players.  They’re not all bad but seems there’s more bad than good to me.  

• Plus1 1