Were we better last year?

khaake

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Not being sure?

At this point, answering a question with a question is... :blink:

But to the larger point: Frost and these coaches took an 0-12 team to 6-6 the 13-0 with these schemes and coaching.  Does that mean guaranteed success or duplication of success here?  No.  But we're 3 games into this season and free falling--haven't hit bottom yet.

So being "unsure" really isn't an option until mid-season of year 3 at the earliest.

This is absolutely frustrating for me because I thought we'd be a LOT better than we are.  This is one of those instances where we just have to trust the process.  

:leghump: < ----- What else can we do at this point?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

At this point, answering a question with a question is... :blink:

But to the larger point: Frost and these coaches took an 0-12 team to 6-6 the 13-0 with these schemes and coaching.  Does that mean guaranteed success or duplication of success here?  No.  But we're 3 games into this season and free falling--haven't hit bottom yet.

So being "unsure" really isn't an option until mid-season of year 3 at the earliest.

This is absolutely frustrating for me because I thought we'd be a LOT better than we are.  This is one of those instances where we just have to trust the process.  

:leghump: < ----- What else can we do at this point?

If we lose but make it look like we belonged, we aren’t having these discussions. That’s what I’m saying.  

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

If we lose but make it look like we belonged, we aren’t having these discussions. That’s what I’m saying.  

We're having the discussion now.  :hellloooo

There are two things here Husker fans should take notice of: 1) In his Monday presser, Coach Frost said "We have to play perfect to win", and 2) in the post game presser a Michigan player said [paraphrasing] "Nebraska seemed like they didn't want to be there."

To me, this means: A) Frost knows just how bad this team is, B) Frost knows how far they have to go, C) that not everyone is "bought-in", and D) things are going to get worse before this season ends.

To which I say: Don't give up on this season, but realize (as I have) that we are much, MUCH worse than any of us ever wanted to believe.  I understand now why Frost wanted a guaranteed five years.  He (moreso than any of us) knows what he has, he knows what he needs to make it work, and he knows it is a process to get there.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I get the feeling most don’t buy frosts comment that we are at rock bottom

I think we're at rock bottom.  I'm not sure how we could fall any farther especially when you take into consideration the Michigan players saying we pretty much quit after the first series.  I don't think it's a matter of whether we're at rock bottom or not.  The real question is whether we're digging sideways staying at rock bottom or when do we start to dig out of rock bottom?