Where does Frost go from here

Given his first season has been a bust so far and his team looks worse than any Husker team I have ever seen in my lifetime, where does he go for the remainder of the season.  A few things I would consider:

1.  Does he switch schemes while trying to adapt the offensive and defensive approaches to BIG football. His comment during his announcement interview that other teams would be adapting to his style of play does not cut it as his schemes are not working.  I think he needs to find something that can work so the young players can gain some level of confidence.

2.  Does he bench most of the upperclassmen and allow the youngsters to get a lot of PT in preparation for 2019?  I say yes.

3.  For those on the team that are "cancers" and bringing the other guys down, does he dismiss them from the team?  I would hope so.

What other things should be done since we have truly hit rock bottom as a program?

4 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

He cleans house and keeps doing things his way. If we look like this years 3 and 4 we can talk about scheme changes.  Until then you’re just being unfair.  

Part of football is about confidence and buy-in, and continuing to try to push a scheme in which we don't have the right players or talent does not make sense.  Moreover, his approach may have worked in the AAC conference but I would hope he is not so stuck in his ways he is not willing to consider making tweaks.  

Also, I was asking what he should do for the remainder of THIS season.  When you say he should clean house, who are you referring to specifically?

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Part of football is about confidence and buy-in, and continuing to try to push a scheme in which we don't have the right players or talent does not make sense.  Moreover, his approach may have worked in the AAC conference but I would hope he is not so stuck in his ways he is not willing to consider making tweaks.  

Also, I was asking what he should do for the remainder of THIS season.  When you say he should clean house, who are you referring to specifically?

His scheme beat a very good Auburn team with a month to prepare in a bowl game. The scheme isn't the problem the execution is. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You can’t scheme your way around this that deficiency, it’s too massive.  You don’t bail on your entire identity based on the fact that you have a group of unpolished clowns in your locker room. At that point the problem isn’t what you are trying to do, it’s who you have trying to do it. These boys weren’t lights out in a pro system either. 

Clean house?  I mean if you see a starter out there half assing  it,you bench him.  Which likely means his replacement will perform even worse next week. You take your lumps and make your point.  Then you build from there. As fans.   We have to be willing to watch the gore, cuz it will be ugly. But it provides a solid ass foundation to build on and to build on quickly. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Every scheme requires blocking. Last year our guys couldn't block even with a different system. 

Frost just needs to get his guys and we will be fine.

Agreed.  Things will be fine.  The expectations from many fans are unreasonable.  And retorting with "effort should be a reasonable expectation" need to understand how deeply ingrained losing is in their psyche and how under-talented they are against big time football in many areas.  This combo leads to rough performances.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

You can’t scheme your way around this tajeht deficiency, it’s too massive.  You don’t bail on your entire identity based on the fact that you have a group of unpolished clowns in your locker room. At that point the problem isn’t what you are trying to do, it’s who you have trying to do it. These boys weren’t lights out in a pro system either. 

Ckean house?  I mean if you see a starter out there half asking him, you bench him.  Which likely means his replacement will perform even worse next week. You take your lumps and make your point.  Then you build from there. As fans.   We have to be willing to watch the gore, cuz it will be ugly. But it provides a solid ass foundation to build on and to build on quickly. 

Ok so you agree with the 2nd and 3rd point I had initially.  That is what I was thinking to.  And when I talk aobut tweaking the schemes, perhaps its coming up with something simpler to get by this year.  Besides the blocking being an issue, on plays where we are blocking, it looks as though Martinez and his WRs are out of sync.  I think we should dumb things down for a few weeks and try to build up the confidence of those players who are not cancers.

33 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Given his first season has been a bust so far and his team looks worse than any Husker team I have ever seen in my lifetime, where does he go for the remainder of the season.  A few things I would consider:

1.  Does he switch schemes while trying to adapt the offensive and defensive approaches to BIG football. His comment during his announcement interview that other teams would be adapting to his style of play does not cut it as his schemes are not working.  I think he needs to find something that can work so the young players can gain some level of confidence.

2.  Does he bench most of the upperclassmen and allow the youngsters to get a lot of PT in preparation for 2019?  I say yes.

3.  For those on the team that are "cancers" and bringing the other guys down, does he dismiss them from the team?  I would hope so.

What other things should be done since we have truly hit rock bottom as a program?

No, he does what works against teams that aren’t as good as Michigan and recruits better players.

He definitely shouldn’t overreact because of message board nut jobs.

• Fire 1