Where does Frost go from here

56 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Given his first season has been a bust so far and his team looks worse than any Husker team I have ever seen in my lifetime, where does he go for the remainder of the season.  A few things I would consider:

1.  Does he switch schemes while trying to adapt the offensive and defensive approaches to BIG football. His comment during his announcement interview that other teams would be adapting to his style of play does not cut it as his schemes are not working.  I think he needs to find something that can work so the young players can gain some level of confidence.

2.  Does he bench most of the upperclassmen and allow the youngsters to get a lot of PT in preparation for 2019?  I say yes.

3.  For those on the team that are "cancers" and bringing the other guys down, does he dismiss them from the team?  I would hope so.

What other things should be done since we have truly hit rock bottom as a program?

Why in the actual F would he change his schemes after 3 games in year one with a freshman quarterback and a walk on backup with 50 players that werent on the team last year. Are you actually being serious? 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

29 minutes ago, Huskr25 said:

Why in the actual F would he change his schemes after 3 games in year one with a freshman quarterback and a walk on backup with 50 players that werent on the team last year. Are you actually being serious? 

Umm...if things are not working and its a train wreck why would you NOT make adjustments for just the rest of this season.  It doesn't mean he throws everything away, but if we continue to get dominated this badly in every game, it affects the culture far beyond the 2018 team, and will impact recruiting as well.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Frost is not going to change his scheme. If we wanted I formation power football Frost shouldn't have been the guy. He's a spread up tempo guy and the offense will get better with some more speed guys and the longer these guys play in the system. It's all about repetition and learning the right keys and reads.

Umm...if things are not working and its a train wreck why would you NOT make adjustments for just the rest of this season.  It doesn't mean he throws everything away, but if we continue to get dominated this badly in every game, it affects the culture far beyond the 2018 team, and will impact recruiting as well.

Making adjustments is not changing scheme.  I don't think you really understand what "scheme" means.

I don't see Frost changing schemes ever, especially with a frosh QB.  Personally, I'd rather get as much of the beatings, lumps and crappy execution out of the way in one season versus a kinda half baked effort this year because Nebraska dumb downed the scheme.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Given his first season has been a bust so far and his team looks worse than any Husker team I have ever seen in my lifetime, where does he go for the remainder of the season.  A few things I would consider:

1.  Does he switch schemes while trying to adapt the offensive and defensive approaches to BIG football. His comment during his announcement interview that other teams would be adapting to his style of play does not cut it as his schemes are not working.  I think he needs to find something that can work so the young players can gain some level of confidence.-It doesn't matter what we do schematically in offense or defense as games are truly won in the trenches.  RPO, zone read, 2 back sets etc....all require moving the guy in front of you.  4-3, 3-4 doesn't matter either when their OL are getting hats on LB's and TE's are crushing DB's....Gotta win up front.  

2.  Does he bench most of the upperclassmen and allow the youngsters to get a lot of PT in preparation for 2019?  I say yes.-I would've set a standard day one that is is tangible, transparent and readily available.  He did in part with the daily scoring depth chart in camp. I would open up competition again. start rotating younger guys into the OL.  See if they grade out better.  I'd start pulling and sitting starters for miscues, blocks, penalties, missed tackles, fumbles etc....Don't be afraid of failure doesn't mean there wont be acountability.

3.  For those on the team that are "cancers" and bringing the other guys down, does he dismiss them from the team?  I would hope so.Even if we dismiss, they'd still be on scholarship.  Introduce a standard.  Hold guys to it. Punish those that don't. Guys who want it will stay  Guys who don't want.  It's a self correcting problem.

What other things should be done since we have truly hit rock bottom as a program?Patience.  Stay the course.  Continue to develop the guys who want to play.

• Plus1 1

If he is the kind of Coach we all believe we hired, he will continue coaching his but off and making the team better.

Ultimately, the team is made up of its players and they will have to decide what king of team they want to be.   He can lead them out on the field but in the final analysis, the players have to play the games.

If they decide to play with heart and minds dedicated to doing better, they will.  If not, they won't.  Frost can only do the possible.   

I would play lots more younger guys, whether or not they are 'starters' as the biggest reason for our 20 year  decline (Solich started this mess by not playing back ups and not recruiting well) no matter the effect on the outcome of the game.   We MUST build a foundation and starts with developing young players to become players.   You mix in the seniors and juniors but you must play 90 or more every game

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Making adjustments is not changing scheme.  I don't think you really understand what "scheme" means.

He caught up to us with his ship inconschemable climbed the cliff inconschemable he bested my Spaniard inconschemable, he bested my giant inconschemable, he wont beat me in a battle of wits! 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Why spend time developing a 'scheme' that is a mimsy-nimsy patch on a huge problem, all while neglecting to go full tilt toward developing the 'scheme' that allowed you to go undefeated and beat a very good Auburn team last year.  I personally am fine with sacrificing this year and next year as well to allow Scott Frost to get his guys and his scheme installed and ingrained, as well as change a toxic losing mentality.

Running off a few more players (don't forget, there have been several that have 'left on their own" already.

Bottom line is, we've sucked for 15+ years in one manner or another.  Sucking (w/l wise) for another couple is worth the gamble with Coach Frost in place.  I believed that last winter when he was announced and I believe it now.

• Plus1 3