Where does Frost go from here

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

I’d be going to the bar. Frost however, is probably disappointed, but not going to deviate from the course. He believes in the process.  If he was freaking out after the game I would be concerned.  But he is confident in what he’s doing. He didn’t suddenly forget how to coach.  

I'm admitting (as I have previously posted) that my expectations for this team were way too high.  Coach Frost tried to drop clues through pre-season and fall camp...

2 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I'm admitting (as I have previously posted) that my expectations for this team were way too high.  Coach Frost tried to drop clues through pre-season and fall camp...

I chugged the koolaid as well.  When will I ever learn. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Umm...if things are not working and its a train wreck why would you NOT make adjustments for just the rest of this season.  It doesn't mean he throws everything away, but if we continue to get dominated this badly in every game, it affects the culture far beyond the 2018 team, and will impact recruiting as well.

11 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Given his first season has been a bust so far and his team looks worse than any Husker team I have ever seen in my lifetime, where does he go for the remainder of the season.  A few things I would consider:

1.  Does he switch schemes while trying to adapt the offensive and defensive approaches to BIG football. His comment during his announcement interview that other teams would be adapting to his style of play does not cut it as his schemes are not working.  I think he needs to find something that can work so the young players can gain some level of confidence.

2.  Does he bench most of the upperclassmen and allow the youngsters to get a lot of PT in preparation for 2019?  I say yes.

3.  For those on the team that are "cancers" and bringing the other guys down, does he dismiss them from the team?  I would hope so.

What other things should be done since we have truly hit rock bottom as a program?

#1.  Frost is the leader of a bunch of unit coaches.  The players are not executing very well what the unit coaches are teaching.  That has to do with understanding, and buy-in.  

#2.  Here is where Frost will go from here:  Nowhere.  Stay the course, demand better, and provide accountability, and things will improve.  This is called leadership.  The team needs a bunch of it right now.  You will not find a better football coach than Scott Frost.

• Plus1 2
20 hours ago, Husker03 said:

He cleans house and keeps doing things his way. If we look like this years 3 and 4 we can talk about scheme changes.  Until then you’re just being unfair.  

Yes, well said.  His system needs to gel, and he's inherited a spotty team to say the best.  The morale factor alone is low, no matter what they say in front of reporter's mics.

They seem to only know how to lose, and they'll find a way to do that until the new system sets in with newer players.  That takes years.

• Plus1 1

It's time to stop trying to find a panacea or place blame on someone or something. 

They aren't good. 

Bear Bryant could coach this group and it would be a similar result. Day by day. It's in the prayer and all over their shirts this year. 

The most frustrating thing is the team seems to be looking left and right for a fix when it is within them to fix it. 

Let's beat Purdue for our biggest win since Michigan State. May seem silly but that's what it is. One step at a time. 

GBR. 

• Plus1 5
11 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

It's time to stop trying to find a panacea or place blame on someone or something. 

They aren't good. 

Bear Bryant could coach this group and it would be a similar result. Day by day. It's in the prayer and all over their shirts this year. 

The most frustrating thing is the team seems to be looking left and right for a fix when it is within them to fix it. 

Let's beat Purdue for our biggest win since Michigan State. May seem silly but that's what it is. One step at a time. 

GBR. 

This. One game. One win. One win changes sooooo much for these guys. They need to feel what a win feels like. 

21 hours ago, Husker03 said:

He cleans house and keeps doing things his way. If we look like this years 3 and 4 we can talk about scheme changes.  Until then you’re just being unfair.  

I concur.  And if Frost needs to show half the roster the door, then that is what he should do.

Fricking Mike Riley...the gift that keeps on giving.

Edit: I know it is probably not possible or practical, but I'd like to see Coach Frost cut and get rid of every player Mike Riley recruited.  

I don't think our new recruits are ready yet at some key positions.  We are not very good, and that may not change this season.  Playing some of our new recruits could do them more harm than good.  Two of our 3 losses are to Power 5 schools.  We haven't really lost a game yet where we can say for sure we had the more talented, fastest and most physical team on that field.  Just for the record, so far, we haven't been that team for a complete game yet.  We had several moments in the Colorado game where we looked like the better team, until the best player on that field was wearing Colorado jersey and catching every pass thrown his way.  

• Fire 1