Even fast food restaurants are talking trash now.

Cdog923

2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Considering they are #2 and gaining on McDonald's, I'd say a whole hell of a lot of people do.  Also, their twitter is kind of famous for being edgy and hilarious.

Not sure what they are #2 in - Most Stores.  Cause the one i drive by is sitting empty while right next door the chick fila has a line wrapped around the building.

59 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Not sure what they are #2 in - Most Stores.  Cause the one i drive by is sitting empty while right next door the chick fila has a line wrapped around the building.

Considering Chik-Fil-A is not in all 50 states, I don't think the neighborhood you drive by is indicative of the entire country.

They are second in sales, and definitely not in locations.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Considering Chik-Fil-A is not in all 50 states, I don't think the neighborhood you drive by is indicative of the entire country.

They are second in sales, and definitely not in locations.

I have eaten at Wendys and they don't deserve to be second in anything.

There is no way to sugar coat this: Nebraska got absolutely demolished by a team with: 1) more overall talent, 2) better strength and conditioning, and 3) more motivated to play well and win.

And for the record, I thought the Wendy's tweet was kinda funny.  I mean, at this point, all we can do is have a sense of humor...because things are going to continue to get worse.  We have a team who is slower and less talented than I ever wanted to admit.  We're softer along the OL than a Wendy's Frosty and we have TEs who honestly couldn't block high school defenders.

I am the person who never wants to say that Nebraska doesn't have a chance to win, but (as I said in another thread during the past week) we're in free fall and haven't hit bottom yet.

Nebraska very possibly could be 0-12 this year...we're THAT bad.

9 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Honestly, I don't even eat fast food.  I was just pointing out that other people are definitely eating there. That was the extent of my point.

i'm with you - it's just if wendys is calling the shots on the world ( including college football ) - i'm not buying

Just now, GBRFAN said:

i'm with you - it's just if wendys is calling the shots on the world ( including college football ) - i'm not buying

Fair enough

It is a great example of how much social media can help your brand.  Wendy's kills it in social activity online and they are reaping the rewards.  They are coming right at McDonald's (but they won't ever catch them--McD $35 billion Wendy's $9 billion) and using millenial and gen Z social media obsession to drive their sales.  It is interesting.