Even fast food restaurants are talking trash now.

Cdog923

19 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

But CDog is not wrong.  In and Out sucks.  Their burgers are generic, their fries are mediocre, and overall they're a rich man's McDonalds.  (Meaning they are grossly over-priced comparative to their food quality.)

Thats funny because their burgers are cheaper than mcdonalds and actually have flavor.  I hit a 4x4 animal style with fries and a large drink for  9.50, a McDonalds double qp meal is hitting nearly 11.00 here.

Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

Fair, but it also is nowhere near as good as a burger with Nebraska beef at a good restaurant here in Omaha.

This is why I don't move.

I dont come home simply due to the money simply isnt there.  My wife alone with her masters and working in the CPS field would basically have her payscale at her highest payrate there is the starting payrate here.  Im sure there are better burger joints but In N Out is 10 times better than Wendy's and all the big burger joints on the West Coast.

13 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Thats funny because their burgers are cheaper than mcdonalds and actually have flavor.  I hit a 4x4 animal style with fries and a large drink for  9.50, a McDonalds double qp meal is hitting nearly 11.00 here.

I was in Salt Lake City last year on a business trip, and spent about $14 bucks, and was EXTREMELY disappointed.  I had heard so many great things about this chain, and honestly, I was severely disappointed.  Their food quality was worse than Taco Bell.

6 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I dont come home simply due to the money simply isnt there.  My wife alone with her masters and working in the CPS field would basically have her payscale at her highest payrate there is the starting payrate here.  Im sure there are better burger joints but In N Out is 10 times better than Wendy's and all the big burger joints on the West Coast.

Everything is relative.  Higher salaries in other places make cost of living so much higher that it is usually a wash.  Honestly, the reason we don't move is my wife does pediatric cardio-thoracic surgery and is paid at a rate MUCH higher than national average and allowing us to take advantage of the incredibly low cost of housing and everything else.  Sometimes you just hit the proverbial lottery.

Just now, Making Chimichangas said:

I was in Salt Lake City last year on a business trip, and spent about $14 bucks, and was EXTREMELY disappointed.  I had heard so many great things about this chain, and honestly, I was severely disappointed.  Their food quality was worse than Taco Bell.

Didnt even know they had moved over to Utah.  Other than you and cdog i have literally never heard anyone say their food was bad.  I have family members from NE, KS,IA, and Misery rhat come to visit and the first place they want to go, In N Out.  When I get back to NE,I hit up Jonesies and then Little King(which has gone down hill lately im sad to say).

1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Everything is relative.  Higher salaries in other places make cost of living so much higher that it is usually a wash.  Honestly, the reason we don't move is my wife does pediatric cardio-thoracic surgery and is paid at a rate MUCH higher than national average and allowing us to take advantage of the incredibly low cost of housing and everything else.  Sometimes you just hit the proverbial lottery.

Social Services back home are paid piss poor compared to many states abd thats what the wife does.  I can work from anywhere in the world myself, but she would take a huge paycut and her family is here while mine is out there.  Plus I HATE SNOW, so it works for me haha.

2 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Social Services back home are paid piss poor compared to many states abd thats what the wife does.  I can work from anywhere in the world myself, but she would take a huge paycut and her family is here while mine is out there.  Plus I HATE SNOW, so it works for me haha.

Fair enough brother, we all find our place.  I also hate snow, but I hate large amounts of people more so...

Would be nice if we could have a football team to be proud of at least.  This is a long-term rebuild so let's hang on for the ride.

3 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Didnt even know they had moved over to Utah.  Other than you and cdog i have literally never heard anyone say their food was bad.  I have family members from NE, KS,IA, and Misery rhat come to visit and the first place they want to go, In N Out.  When I get back to NE,I hit up Jonesies and then Little King(which has gone down hill lately im sad to say).

Maybe you have sense of taste equal to a blue whale?  (Meaning you just open your mouth and swallow/eat anything?)  I kid....I kid!!!!  :lol:

Seriously though...In n Out would be absolute last choice I'd opt for.