What Did We Learn? Michigan

The Duke

Let me get this out of the way first: Scott Frost IS the right man for the job at Nebraska.

However, his current scheme in my opinion will not work in the Big 10. Parts of it will, but he is going to have to tweak it this offseason. It is too reliant on the pass right now.

Nebraska will never be NEBRASKA again until our offensive scheme has some element of power running.

We need to give our running backs a lead blocker and rely more on heavy sets. You can still do that with the spread.

I still believe the offense needs an I-Tight package for short yardage. I've always believed if you can't get 1 yard when you really need it, then you're not a physical football team.

It's going to take time. People really don't realize how poorly Mike Riley and his staff left this place when it comes to (Recruiting, How We Trained, & How We Practiced.)

Frost will get it right, be he WILL have to make changes.

I learned...

• There are a few players who didn't quit, namely; Berry, Bootle, Mazour off the top of my head.
  • Special Teams are not just a concern, but are non-existant. Won't be fixed much until next year.
  • Scott got humbled today...it might not be a bad thing.
  • Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Let me get this out of the way first: Scott Frost IS the right man for the job at Nebraska.

However, his current scheme in my opinion will not work in the Big 10. Parts of it will, but he is going to have to tweak it this offseason. It is too reliant on the pass right now.

Nebraska will never be NEBRASKA again until our offensive scheme has some element of power running.

We need to give our running backs a lead blocker and rely more on heavy sets. You can still do that with the spread.

I still believe the offense needs an I-Tight package for short yardage. I've always believed if you can't get 1 yard when you really need it, then you're not a physical football team.

It's going to take time. People really don't realize how poorly Mike Riley and his staff left this place when it comes to (Recruiting, How We Trained, & How We Practiced.)

I learned that you apparently don't watch much football if you think power running is the way to go.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

in the bolded are you referring to coaching changes, offense scheme changes, or something else?

Both quarterbacks get a lot of respect for going out there in that environment. The Oline did them no favors. Our problem isn't scheme it's mental and that will take time. 

There are very few players on that team that want the ball in their hands when the game matters. I think next year Frost goes young at the beginning while weeding out the players that don't have the appropriate mentality.