What Did We Learn? Michigan

The Duke

This is not Frost's fault (no way were we beating Michigan this year) but he needs to start getting something out of this football team.  Has any coach ever gone from undefeated to 0-fer?  The play thus far this year has been atrocious.  We are a month in and there are zero results.  The majority of the team lacks effort, intensity, discipline.  I am fine if he just cleans house with the players that continue to show nothing on the field...may as well start getting his scheme in now. 

I am very surprised that we have not seen really any offense this season.  The offensive creativity is a F.  Everything is a mess and yes it starts upfront.  The O-Line is killing us which in turn means the skill players no longer try anymore.  Props to Mazour for taking his opportunity.   

Recruit the lines...we need depth on the lines.  

Who knew not playing Akron was a good thing?  We are losing to Purdue and Wisconsin.  Will see after that where we are but this is a bad football team.  Most mid-majors play better against Michigan than what we saw today.  

Where can I buy some Nebraska gear on the cheap to stuff away for a couple years?  This is a longer process than anyone imagined.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Clearly there are some, not only from what Frost has directly said, but from all the chatter from the last couple weeks, there are some on this roster who don't and wont get it. 

This has been a thing since camp, and some guys want the good ole days of the country club where they don’t have to put in work.

I learned to remember that Frost *IS* only a third year head coach, and he still has things to learn. He's not overrated, as it has been alluded to, but he is still relatively green.

Frost will get this ship righted, but it will take all of the following:

• Patience
  • Time
  • Roster attrition
  • A couple of recruiting classes
  • More patience
  • More time
  • No, really, more patience than that
  • A metric s***ton of alcohol
  • A new liver

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, VectorVictor said:

I learned to remember that Frost *IS* only a third year head coach, and he still has things to learn. He's not overrated, as it has been alluded to, but he is still relatively green.

Frost will get this ship righted, but it will take all of the following:

• Patience
  • Time
  • Roster attrition
  • A couple of recruiting classes
  • More patience
  • More time
  • No, really, more patience than that
  • A metric s***ton of alcohol
  • A new liver

The whole post is great, but the last 3 points are pure gold. :wasted

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

We would be anywhere from 1-3 to 3-1 now if Mother Nature hadn't intervened.  

Yes, I still believe that we would have beaten Akron.  

We desperately need linemen to come here that we are recruiting, without those guys replacing the Riley players next season will be painful (but not as much as this one) too.  

Michigan's defense is pretty darn good even with our crap OL.  

This week will be huge; how will the players respond?  Will they just give up like they did during the Riley reign or will they come out f#&%ing pissed and take it out on their opponent?  We will need to wait and see.

I learned that buying in is not just saying you want to win. Its keeping focus and concentration when s#!t goes awry.  Its working though and not giving up when things look bleak. If buying in was easy it wouldnt be an issue.

I see some good things but a lot of areas to improve on. I knew when last season started that getting an new coach was gonna mean a while before we got good, but Frost got me too hyped that i forgot and drank too much koolaid. I still have faith in the long term we will get back on track.