What Did We Learn? Michigan

The Duke

16 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

People mistake my comments as negativity.  I’m just objective.  

These coaches talked so much trash about the previous staff and haven’t shown a thing to back it up.  

Agreed. You see some flashes against Colorado and now look at where we are. I knew this year was going to be tough but this wasn’t what I expected. Doing this against OSU is one thing but wow.

2 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

We would be anywhere from 1-3 to 3-1 now if Mother Nature hadn't intervened.  

Yes, I still believe that we would have beaten Akron.  

We desperately need linemen to come here that we are recruiting, without those guys replacing the Riley players next season will be painful (but not as much as this one) too.  

Michigan's defense is pretty darn good even with our crap OL.  

This week will be huge; how will the players respond?  Will they just give up like they did during the Riley reign or will they come out f#&%ing pissed and take it out on their opponent?  We will need to wait and see.

I'm tired of this narrative, as it makes no sense. 

• Fire 1

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 4.07.05 PM.png

Penn State got drilled by Michigan in 2016, before winning the conference. Not that I expect that turnaround this year, but just showing that it can happen. Remember, this is a team that was getting crushed by bad teams late last year, including giving up 54 to a Minnesota team that was shut out their last two games.

Look at the narrative among the media. They're throwing Taggart, Kelly, and Sumlin under the bus for terrible starts, but not Frost. Why? Because they have more faith in him that some of our own fans, and see the long game.

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

The narrative makes sense. But we shouldn't be playing 'what if', we should be focused on the here and now, as well as the future. 

No it doesn't, as each game is a different experience, and there's a better than good chance that we'd be 0-4 at this point. 

• Fire 1