What Did We Learn? Michigan

The Duke

40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Really telling interview from Michigan Defensive LIneman Chase Winovich.  They saw Nebraska quit. 

This is what used to happen when other teams played us, we need to get back there. It takes time to establish a new culture, it does not happen overnight, as much as we would like it to. We need to get back there, and I still believe we will. We cannot judge the turn around on three games, it will take time. A killer mentality does not happen overnight.

( I live in michigan) as I told a wolverine fan friend of mine, get your hits in now, it won’t last long

Power-I, walk-on program, "Frosting" the culture, etc... What this fan base needs is an adjustment in expectations.  Since we joined the B1G we have lost 4 games EVERY year!  We need to try to get back into the Big 12 where this type of offense would work and where we stand a fighting chance.  Let's be real people, none of the players even remember us winning a conference title, let alone challenging for a national title.  Why can't we schedule Iowa State for first weekend in December? They had a weather cancellation also. And we need to beat someone from Iowa this year!

48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It is disappointing. But it's also not shocking to anyone who's watched the last decade of Husker football. This culture is well-entrenched and it's not surprising it's taken more than three games to root out. 

You are correct sir.  That mentality has been there since Cally came in.  It’s not going away anytime soon.  It’ll take another season or two to have those who go into quit mode leave, graduate or move on.

2 minutes ago, gds11 said:

Power-I, walk-on program, "Frosting" the culture, etc... What this fan base needs is an adjustment in expectations.  Since we joined the B1G we have lost 4 games EVERY year!  We need to try to get back into the Big 12 where this type of offense would work and where we stand a fighting chance.  Let's be real people, none of the players even remember us winning a conference title, let alone challenging for a national title.  Why can't we schedule Iowa State for first weekend in December? They had a weather cancellation also. And we need to beat someone from Iowa this year!

:facepalm: just no

2 minutes ago, gds11 said:

Iowa State beat Akron today - we would have lost to Akron if that game had been played. In fact, the last time we played Iowa State in Lincoln - they beat us. Be careful what you wish for.

8 minutes ago, gds11 said:

We have lost at least 4 games every year since Solich was fired, the year we only lost 3.

• Plus1 1

I've learned that Nebraska needs to recruit more in state athletes and 200 mile radius athletes. We need to take the Wisconsin approach. It seems like the 4 star athletes we get dont want to compete and is part of the reason they turned down bigger offers. Frost needs players that are proud to wear the N. 

Two cents from a random guy....me....

is the culture of the previous administration to blame for this start? Yes.

is the current coaching staff to blame for this starts? Yes.

Are the weird circumstances that have swirled around the beginning of the season to blame? Yes

It is NOT one or the other. This is not happening in a vacuum where everything is black and white. All parties are at fault. Blaming only Riley and the talent on hand is a pulling the wool over your eyes. 

Blaming Frost and coaches is not the whole story either. 

IMHO I think the both have contributed almost equally. But this is Frosts program and he owns the losses regardless of what happened with the previous coaching staff. And if Frost and Co. are the actual developers of talent and schemers around deficient talent like they were billed to be at UCF then they should be able to do that here. This team Hs regressed in the last 3 weeks.

But here is why I’m optimistic. I think the offense has lost all sense of continuity. This is an offense dependent on timing. They have had a rainout, almost a full game with their TrueFrosh QB, then a game with a walk on who is just doing his best but not clearly a fit, and then a game against a top caliber D where the Offense has had no base to build on.

The offense will get better. The offense getting better will give the D a break. Frost and Co. are learning big boy football every week.  Not like at UCF where there were breathers in the schedule.

i think a combination of ALL three circumstances have contributed. I think they will overcome this. 

Thanks you and God Bless.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

We have lost at least 4 games every year since Solich was fired, the year we only lost 3.

58-38 record since joining the Big Ten, below .500 league record, no top 20 finishes.  Time to be brutally honest...this conference is too physical for the Nebraska program.

1 minute ago, Dan_F_31 said:

Two cents from a random guy....me....

is the culture of the previous administration to blame for this start? Yes.

is the current coaching staff to blame for this starts? Yes.

Are the weird circumstances that have swirled around the beginning of the season to blame? Yes

It is NOT one or the other. This is not happening in a vacuum where everything is black and white. All parties are at fault. Blaming only Riley and the talent on hand is a pulling the wool over your eyes. 

Blaming Frost and coaches is not the whole story either. 

IMHO I think the both have contributed almost equally. But this is Frosts program and he owns the losses regardless of what happened with the previous coaching staff. And if Frost and Co. are the actual developers of talent and schemers around deficient talent like they were billed to be at UCF then they should be able to do that here. This team Hs regressed in the last 3 weeks.

But here is why I’m optimistic. I think the offense has lost all sense of continuity. This is an offense dependent on timing. They have had a rainout, almost a full game with their TrueFrosh QB, then a game with a walk on who is just doing his best but not clearly a fit, and then a game against a top caliber D where the Offense has had no base to build on.

The offense will get better. The offense getting better will give the D a break. Frost and Co. are learning big boy football every week.  Not like at UCF where there were breathers in the schedule.

i think a combination of ALL three circumstances have contributed. I think they will overcome this. 

Thanks you and God Bless.

Reasonable take, but I have to ask.  Are you a 31-year-old female?