What Did We Learn? Michigan

The Duke

4 minutes ago, Dagerow said:

What I learned:

We arent as good as I thought.  This was largely due to the ol, the issues with qb, and confidence.

The defense wasn’t the problem.  It’s hard to stop a good program when you’re on the field all day.  That’s an issue with tempo offenses like Frost’s.  When you lose, you lose big.  

The issues with qb have had, in mho, a big effect on us.  The offense is based on timing and speed, both of which suffer when you change qbs.  Indeed, the ol will look worse than it is if the timing is gone.  It doesn’t help that the  severe lack of depth limits your ability to run the ball, and effects your play calling.  

It also appears as if the attempts to create player leaders has gone wrong and created discontent.  At least a little.

One big key with this offense is confidence.  People play better when they have confidence, and through a series of unfortunate events (to leaving, missing the first game, turnovers, unforced errors, QB injuries, etc), that confidence has gone.  This is the big issue.  If they have a couple games were things go their way, it will do wonders for the team.  Hopefully, it happens.

^^^^  Plus....Gebbia can bite it....

2 minutes ago, MountainMan said:

No one on this staff or team had any problem saying how they were reversing it in nine months. 

Im not asking for “success now”. I don’t think not wanting a loss to a sun belt team and a record setting loss in Ann Arbor was expecting too much. 

And literally no one is asking for a change. 

I think the problem lies in the fact that some players are still wishing Riley was the coach. I think a few of these players are on the offensive line. Beating us horribly is way more fun for Michigan than beating smu, especially since ESPN was continually running the story about 20 years ago. Truth is, Michigan is light years ahead of us in talent and stability in coaching. Realistically this should have been our first loss, and it would have been ugly regardless what happened previously in the season. If we were 3-0 going into this game it would have been a horrible

slap in the face. It is what it is. We need time. We need to bench some of the ineffective line and give someone else a shot. We need experience. This is a rebuild , like it or not, it is going to take a few years before we see a successful product. If we see no progress by years end, then there may be a problem. Until then we can just watch and hope for the best (I still think we see a completely different team next week and going forward) this is rock bottom

1 minute ago, MountainMan said:

No one on this staff or team had any problem saying how they were reversing it in nine months. 

Im not asking for “success now”. I don’t think not wanting a loss to a sun belt team and a record setting loss in Ann Arbor was expecting too much. 

And literally no one is asking for a change. 

It didn't help the staff kept bragging about how much further along they were compared to their first season at UCF.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It didn't help the staff kept bragging about how much further along they were compared to their first season at UCF.

It really didn’t help that the athletic director (the athletic director!) decided to open his mouth about how Harbaugh and Meyer “were losing sleep over the Frost hire). 

It was amateur hour at best and nonsense hubris at worst 

I learned the following:

(1) we have to be the most penalized team in the nation and that includes all divisions

(2) we have no confidence, no swagger, and no studs that are proud to play for Nebraska

(3) we quit the minute we stepped out of the bus 

(4) we are not making a bowl game this year

(5) Bunch played better than martinez

(6) we have NO IDENTITY

(7) it will get really ugly in Wisconsin and Ohio

(8) we need God to be a husker this year

I learned there's an ignore function somewhere. Not interested in it so don't bother telling me where it is. 

I also learned that if you take Old Whitmore Lake Rd and get over to Maple, take Newport to 7th, that you can park close to the stadium and not have to sit on 14/23 for a half hour just to crawl down Main.

Learning is living.

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

I learned the following:

(7) it will get really ugly in Wisconsin and Ohio

If things keep up like they have been going so far it could get very ugly against any team on our schedule with the exception of B-C (maybe). And I don't feel a win against B-C is in any way a sure thing at this point even though they are a FCS school. They have won their conf. several of the last few years.