First Win of Scott Frost Era

The only possible wins on the schedule 

• Purdue
  • Northwestern
  • Minnesota
  • Bethune Cookman
  • Illinois

I'm guessing the first win will be a close one with Bethune Cookman. I hate that that game has been scheduled. It wouldn't shock me if we were winless going into that game. An FCS school looking to knock off a vulnerable NU team that knows it has OSU the following week. Frost says that we've hit bottom and there's nowhere to go but up. I think there's plenty of room to sink deeper than where we are now. BC or Illinois is my guess. 

53 minutes ago, Fru said:

The only possible wins on the schedule 

• Purdue
  • Northwestern
  • Minnesota
  • Bethune Cookman
  • Illinois

I'm guessing the first win will be a close one with Bethune Cookman. I hate that that game has been scheduled. It wouldn't shock me if we were winless going into that game. An FCS school looking to knock off a vulnerable NU team that knows it has OSU the following week. Frost says that we've hit bottom and there's nowhere to go but up. I think there's plenty of room to sink deeper than where we are now. BC or Illinois is my guess. 

If we don’t get significantly better then I think you are right.  Heck if we play this bad we could lose to Bethune-Cookman.

I don't pretend to be well versed enough to know who is and isn't "buying in" or performing up to their potential.  But I imagine to a more trained eye it might be clear who is sucking up the place.  I'd really enjoy seeing half a dozen new starters next week.  I want Frost and staff to primarily focus on establishing the culture this year, first and foremost.

• Plus1 2

50 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

I realize that we got our doors blown off yesterday, but we are not nearly as bad as the score indicates. I’m not saying we’re good, but we’re not winless until Bethune-Cookman bad either.

Peaks are never as high as they seem and valleys are never as low as they seem.

We win vs. Purdue.

Well, we opened as a home underdog. To Purdue. And Frost thought this last game was rock bottom.....

I'd like to see the team beat purdue. If they come out and play like the Colorado game but without the bad turnovers to start, I think we should win that game. The players need to come out with something to prove. I think Frost can get them ready for that. It will be interesting to see what they do this week in practice. It all depends on how the team responds. We have the talent to beat purdue.

If I see Martinez march out onto the field from the tunnel walk wearing a soft brace instead of a hard brace, I'm going to say Purdue. I think if he's healthy he'll come into that game with a mission to light it up.

If it's a bit of a crippled playbook because he's still somewhat injured, I think Purdue has the upper hand, in which I'd go with Northwestern.