Support Frost

Pedro G

Alright folks, I am as disappointed as anyone else here. I didn’t see us starting 0 and 3 and losing like this. It goes to show you that many players have not embraced Frost’s system as much as we thought. The culture will be harder to change as we hoped. And the talent is not there yet for Frost’s system.  

But for anyone — I know you true fans don’t feel this way — who wants to throw Frost under the bus, this is only his third game — I would be much more concern if this was his third year like Riley. Who else would we get as a coach? If Frost can’t succeed, no one else likely will here. 

This is is going to be a more of a difficult transition than we thought. Frost needs to continue to recruit the right talent who can embrace his system and the new culture. There are some newcomers on the team who perhaps fully embrace what Frost is doing, but they are inexperienced and we have to be patient with them. 

I still have confidence that Frost will turn this around, but it may take three to four years to see it fully happen. Let’s not give up on him after three games. Let’s look at the long term. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

Agreed.  I'm 100% on board.  He and his staff didn't forget how to coach.  He inherited a team with quite a few holes and a predominately losers mentality.  ?It's going to take time.  It's amazing how believing you can win can overcome mistakes.  Now put that culture around his athletes, and we'll be more than relevant again.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Why are we arguing against hypothetical people? 

Is there anyone here who wants to throw Frost under the bus? Has anyone outed themselves as having that opinion? If not, no need to make a thread preemptively telling these imaginary people that their imaginary beliefs are wrong in an effort to keep everyone level headed when nobody wasn't to begin with. 

• Plus1 3

I also wonder where this is coming from.

TBH- Scott is going to get a pass on stuff we would be killing other coaches for.

A lot of people watch Nebraska football. There will always be those fans that seem to know nothing about football, or seem to be stuck in the 90's, or are taking advantage of the fact that there is no accountability to what you put on the internet, but generally he's getting a pass.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I would hope nobody is giving up on Frost.  He is the long term answer. However, many of us, during discussions before he was even hired, did scoff at the prospect that bringing him here would immediately turn things around.  If MR was still here with these results people would be losing their minds.  I think it will take two more years of recruitment for the wet cement to cure in this program's new foundation.  

4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

What people are you talking about? 

One of the guys I work with has season tickets and said last week there were idiots shouting fire frost after the game while walking out.