Support Frost

Pedro G

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Why are we arguing against hypothetical people? 

Is there anyone here who wants to throw Frost under the bus? Has anyone outed themselves as having that opinion? If not, no need to make a thread preemptively telling these imaginary people that their imaginary beliefs are wrong in an effort to keep everyone level headed when nobody wasn't to begin with. 

Throwing under the bus as in get rid of him?  Nobody is saying that, but I've been reading a lot of criticism on this board today.  "overrated", "lost his team?", "poor play calling?", "why is ___ player playing?", and  basically a lot of why do we suck? comments.  I think that is what the OP is getting at.

37 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I believe in him 100%.  That doesn’t make him above criticism 

This. 

Of course we all support him. But it’d be a heckuva lot easier if this team looked moderately prepared and competent. Each week they’ve looked progressively worse and today was one of the most shameful displays of “football” that DONU has ever put on a field. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. I think we all knew if would take time, but none of us expected it to be this bad.

I totally agree.  I have not heard a single person say Frost was not the right hire, but I also believe 95+ percent of Husker fans did not think we would be winless after four games AND look completely clueless in all facets of the game.  My hope for this season was to be more competitive against ranked competition.  I was not expecting to win those games, but simply be more competitive.  Today's game was more of the same from the past decade frankly.  

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Why are we arguing against hypothetical people? 

Is there anyone here who wants to throw Frost under the bus? Has anyone outed themselves as having that opinion? If not, no need to make a thread preemptively telling these imaginary people that their imaginary beliefs are wrong in an effort to keep everyone level headed when nobody wasn't to begin with. 

All teams have fair weather fans, including N’s. Maybe not so much here. But they are out there, as with any team. 

2 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

I am not losing faith, but there are some play calls that make no sense. Rolling a right handed qb to the left  on a 3rd and 3 against a fast aggressive defense? It just doesn’t compute. It is difficult for a qb to throw against his body, everyone knows this, right? 

Except AM has made those throws. Michigan had the right defensive call, and the o line failed. This was about the worst I've ever seen a line block, on any team. Put that on Frost if you want, but the playcalls themselves aren't the issue here