Support Frost

Pedro G

4 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Throwing under the bus as in get rid of him?  Nobody is saying that, but I've been reading a lot of criticism on this board today.  "overrated", "lost his team?", "poor play calling?", "why is ___ player playing?", and  basically a lot of why do we suck? comments.  I think that is what the OP is getting at.

Well we were clearly overrated given predictions vs our expectations so far. 

Los his team? I don't think that's accurate, but maybe he doesn't actually have the team yet.

There was a lot of poor play calling. 

There are at least some players it seems like to the naked eye definitely shouldn't be playing.

Why DO we suck? We all want to know, because it doesn't seem we should seem this bad. 

What's wrong with any of those comments? None of them are indicative of whatever the OP is arguing against. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Throwing under the bus as in get rid of him?  Nobody is saying that, but I've been reading a lot of criticism on this board today.  "overrated", "lost his team?", "poor play calling?", "why is ___ player playing?", and  basically a lot of why do we suck? comments.  I think that is what the OP is getting at.

I haven't seen anyone say fire him. The thing that irritates me is these comments. Calling him overrated, saying his scheme won't work, etc. Critizing play calling or game management is fair. Making blanket comments like overrated or time to change his scheme is short sighted and dumb. 

• Plus1 1

Folks forget what Frost inherited and what he lost along the way. Much has been said about a 4-8 team, but not enough is said about losing two QBs to transfers before the beginning of the season; your likely starting center and last year's best RB retiring; a middle backer transferring; and a juco CB who you thought would be there future transferring.

Frost and this team will be fine given time, but the growing pains do suck.

• Plus1 1

We suck and those of us who are sane expected that.  With that said, I am disappointed in this team's lack of fire and "want-to."   To steal an old baseball adage, "Hustle doesn't go into a slump."  That adage came to mind when I watched the punt return for a TD.  The lack of effort was embarrassing.  

Regardless of our record, I'll consider this season a success when I see our players consistently hustle and care about the product on the field.  Frankly, it's a low bar but it's where we are as a program right now.  

3 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

We suck and those of us who are sane expected that.  With that said, I am disappointed in this team's lack of fire and "want-to."   To steal an old baseball adage, "Hustle doesn't go into a slump."  That adage came to mind when I watched the punt return for a TD.  The lack of effort was embarrassing.  

Regardless of our record, I'll consider this season a success when I see our players consistently hustle and care about the product on the field.  Frankly, it's a low bar but it's where we are as a program right now.  

Agree.  Being out of position and waving at guys with failed arm tackling didn't look good either.  

On 9/22/2018 at 3:27 PM, KazLong said:

One of the guys I work with has season tickets and said last week there were idiots shouting fire frost after the game while walking out.

For those who question my throw him under the bus comment, these are the folks I am directing my post to, as said above by KazLong. Maybe there is very little of this talk on this entire football board, but there are a share of fair-weather fans — somewhere outside this board — who actually think Frost should be fired. I knew this without even having to research it.  Remember the fair-weather fans who wanted TO fired? Perhaps it was inappropriate that I brought it up here, but that

is why I said what I said. Nothing else.  

For so long, being a fan on this board meant fighting with people who either did or didn't support the current HC.  Old habits die hard and recent ones harder?

What are the funniest old lines you remember from when we were unrealistic about our past coaches?  I remember how we were "never going to get blown out again" after hiring Pelini.

I liken our plight to the McGregor - Mayfield fight. We have great athletes with drive and talent, BUT not yet a perfect fit. Frost will utilize what he can and will turn this around but it ain't gonna be in round one or two...  OF COURSE Frost is feeling heat but he is well trained and SMART.  The ship WILL right.  GO BIG RED!