Offensive Line

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I mostly concur.  But I also have to give credit to Michigan's front seven...they were way better than our OL.  

And while I am thinking of these things: Nebraska's TEs couldn't block high school defenders.

Im not sure I saw our TE's did anything called blocked, it was more of a push a guy a little and then let them run by.  I saw it multiple times they used their arms to push and then just stopped, the defender just pushed right on by.

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

The two most vocal guys of foster and farmer need to get in people's faces and demand better, they also have to do better themselves. 

Foster was a turnstyle today.  If it was me,

I’d give Wilson the start in his spot next week.  There has to be consequences for playing as bad as he did.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Im not sure I saw our TE's did anything called blocked, it was more of a push a guy a little and then let them run by.  I saw it multiple times they used their arms to push and then just stopped, the defender just pushed right on by.

I'm not sure the line did a lot different most of the night, so we've got that going for us.

4 hours ago, commando said:

i trust that the coaches have the best players out there already.    and i hope that maybe it's still an issue of getting 2nd nature with the new blocking assignments for this offense compared to the last offense.  .

I don't know that he has the absolute best athletes out there at every position. He's mentioned that guys better play well Monday thru Friday if they want to play Saturday.  Some guys are gamers and don't really show up until game time and if we have guys like this, and I think we do, it's feasible to think we have guys sitting that might be better then the ones playing.  Damon Benning had a segment on it, Friday I think.  He said when he played, there were quite a few guys that showed up big in games but loafed it for practice. He mentioned some specific guys and the big example was Terrell Farley-although he mentioned several others. Not saying  every position is hardworking backup guys, but I think some might be.  Part of the culture that he's trying to build

7 hours ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

as I've said before, the lack of communication or knowing assignments is mostly on the center.  i'm not sure what the coaches see in him, but conrad has never been close to effective.  I would play him only in a reserve role.  I would move farmer (although he kind of sucks too) or wilson to center and let them learn on the job.  the other would play guard.  imo getting conrad out of there would be surprisingly effective like it was last year.  i would stick with the tackles and let them try and develop although farniok might end up being a guard.

This.  Conrad’s one of those players that it feels like he’s been here for like 6 years and so I have to bitch about him every year.  Graduate already would ya.  

8 hours ago, Red Five said:

I’d give Wilson the start in his spot next week.  There has to be consequences for playing as bad as he did.

Foster was voted a team captain....i also was like what the hell several times watching our line. We have 3 senior interior OL. We should be at minimum decent on the interior. We arent, we are hot garbage

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

Being replaced can happen.....but I doubt it will.  Part of changing the culture is getting the players to "police" themselves.

I'm looking forward to a time when there's a players only meeting.  Some might worry that Frost has "lost the team" if that happens.....but the opposite will be true.

13 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

All I know is our line went from dumpster fire to almost serviceable when conrad was out last year. 

The two most vocal guys of foster and farmer need to get in people's faces and demand better, they also have to do better themselves. 

We were a 4-8 pro style team last year with 3 years of pro system recruits. We are now a 0-3 spread system with 1 recruiting class of spread system players. 

Not sure why anyone is amazed by this. We are overall slow. 

Our interior lineman were all recruited by Pelini as was Farniok if I do recall who was running a spread 

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

Being replaced can happen.....but I doubt it will.  Part of changing the culture is getting the players to "police" themselves.

I'm looking forward to a time when there's a players only meeting.  Some might worry that Frost has "lost the team" if that happens.....but the opposite will be true.

I don't care to hear about the meeting.  Way too much drama in the program and fans are getting pissed off.  Players need to STFU and start playing better.

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

And Riley couldn't find anyone better in 3 classes.....

You're not wrong there but the point is the lineman were not recruited to a pro system, they were recruited to a spread system 

And I mean, some would say Jaimes is our best lineman, a Riley pro style recruit.

All of that to say the style they were recruited for doesn't matter as much as the s#!tty coaching they've recieved

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You're not wrong there but the point is the lineman were not recruited to a pro system, they were recruited to a spread system 

And I mean, some would say Jaimes is our best lineman, a Riley pro style recruit.

All of that to say the style they were recruited for doesn't matter as much as the s#!tty coaching they've recieved

Oh we can agree with that. I have stated in several threads that our team has received zero development for 3 years now....what did we expect this year to look like in retrospect. We all were so erect from the frost hiring we didnt have enough blood flow to our brains to rationally think about year 1. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1