there's no reason to lose to purdue...

BoSolich

if martinez is back to 100%, there's no excuse to lose to purdue at home.

eastern washington beat purdue.

yes, purdue beat a #23 ranked BC team.

BC should not have been ranked. their 3 wins were against holy cross, uMass, and wake forest. 

so yea, losing to purdue at home with a healthy martinez would be worse than any of our losses so far IMO.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. I haven't seen anything from this team that tells me they are capable of beating even mediocre opposition. I wonder, as a fanbase, when we will stop expecting wins just because we show up and play? We've lost 7 straight and are 1-9 over the last 10 games. I never thought in my worst nightmares that I would see us sink this low as a program.

• Plus1 6
6 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. I haven't seen anything from this team that tells me they are capable of beating even mediocre opposition. I wonder, as a fanbase, when we will stop expecting wins just because we show up and play? We've lost 7 straight and are 1-9 over the last 10 games. I never thought in my worst nightmares that I would see us sink this low as a program.

i would argue colorado is better than purdue, and we were 1 boneheaded play away from beating them. even with martinez going down in that game.

so i like i said, i see no reason we can't beat purdue 'at home' if martinez plays the whole game.

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

BC should not have been ranked. their 3 wins were against holy cross, uMass, and wake forest. 

so yea, losing to purdue at home with a healthy martinez would be worse than any of our losses so far IMO.

There are PLENTY of reasons to lose to Purdue...

1. Nebraska is not nearly as good as indicated

2. Purdue is better coached than we are

3. Our players in year one don't yet know the system

I love NU and want them to win, but reality is....we're not that good.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

i would argue colorado is better than purdue, and we were 1 boneheaded play away from beating them. even with martinez going down in that game.

so i like i said, i see no reason we can't beat purdue 'at home' if we are at full strength.

Colorado game was a good baseline and looked like something we could build from.  Troy and Michigan games were big steps backwards.  I want to see us take a step forward against Purdue.  Hopefully that results in a win but it looks like a big step.  This season could be a frustrating sequence of baby steps forward interrupted by huge steps backwards against Wiscy, OSU, MSU and Iowa leaving us little hope for the future and a season record that breaks yet another decades old record in futility.  If the players get their $hit together they are more than talented enough to change that outlook.

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Colorado game was a good baseline and looked like something we could build from.  Troy and Michigan games were big steps backwards.  I want to see us take a step forward against Purdue.  Hopefully that results in a win but it looks like a big step.  This season could be a frustrating sequence of baby steps forward interrupted by huge steps backwards against Wiscy, OSU, MSU and Iowa leaving us little hope for the future and a season record that breaks yet another decades old record in futility.  If the players get their $hit together they are more than talented enough to change that outlook.

well martinez didn't play in the troy game, and michigan is just a way better team than us. 

even if everything was going well, beating michigan in the big house would have been unlikely.

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We beat them by 1 point last year and we're currently win-less. Not sure why anyone should be confident we're going to win.

well frost is suppose to be a better coach and we are playing them at home this year.

if martinez is healthy, there's no reason to lose that game. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

well frost is suppose to be a better coach and we are playing them at home this year.

if martinez is healthy, there's no reason to lose that game. 

There are many reasons we could lose this game. To name one, Nebraska is demoralizes and Purdue just blew out a ranked team so they are confident. I’m not sure how to even respond to the Frost is a better coach part. I agree that he is but that doesn’t and hasn’t meant we’re going to win games this season.

7 hours ago, BoSolich said:

But we probably will lose