there's no reason to lose to purdue...

BoSolich

Sad situation here.  Nearly every single one of us thought this was the greatest hire.  All stated they would give it time to be turned around.  Some felt that it would happen instantly and this would be like the second year at UCF.   But steadfastly our head coach told us that it was going to be hard, things don't happen over night.  I don't think he expected the quarterback debacle that ensued.  Caugth off guard to say the least.  Wondering if the non buyers are loyal to the one that left.

But the real problem with Nebraska is out fan base.  We expect too much, demand too much and put way too much pressure on the Head Coach, the staff and the team.  This is a game, no one's life depends on the win or loss totals.  Give the man the time we promised him.  I have said for years we do not have the talent of a real top 25 team.  If you really want Nebraska to be on the top of that list, you have to recruit near that level.  Michigan has recruited at that level and it was quite obvious.  All teams improve, not just Nebraska.  We have our hands full with just about everyone left on the schedule.  Step back, and look for the positives, enjoy what ever sliver of it to be found.  I think Coach Frost stated it was journey, and never heard him promise any of us a joy ride.  

Things have been tough around her for quite awhile, I remember going to the Rose Bowl and watching the Miami team.  Knew instantly we did not have the talent or speed to compete with them.  Things really haven't changed much since then.  We just want to believe they were.

I think we have the perfect coach for Nebraska, but I think he is a very proud person.  He won't handle the nay sayers very well.  I am quite certain he feels the honeymoon is over.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think we all need to kind of just cheer for the team and staff this year and pray that it gets better by years end. I was drinking the kool aid etc with several of you during the Summer but we simply are a bad football team. We are not talented and have had little to no development in our players for 3 years. It is amazing how blinded I was by thinking Frost would come in and magically improve the results year one. We are a BAD team that is going to take some time to get it right unfortunately. 

Like you were reading my kool aid inebriated mind.....

12 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It is actually amazing....it only took 3 years for Riley to take us from a consistent 9 win team to absolute trash with a complete lack of any type of winning culture. People can say Riley took over a toxic situation....no he didnt. Those players still fought and wanted to win some damn games. Frost is taking over a team that gets soft served ice cream after a loss. 

You sir, on fire today.  Hip hip hooray.....I told some co-workers that actually happened after wins.  They called me a liar until I broke out youtube....Hip hip hooray....

14 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Sad situation here.  Nearly every single one of us thought this was the greatest hire.  All stated they would give it time to be turned around.  Some felt that it would happen instantly and this would be like the second year at UCF.   But steadfastly our head coach told us that it was going to be hard, things don't happen over night.  I don't think he expected the quarterback debacle that ensued.  Caugth off guard to say the least.  Wondering if the non buyers are loyal to the one that left.

But the real problem with Nebraska is out fan base.  We expect too much, demand too much and put way too much pressure on the Head Coach, the staff and the team.  This is a game, no one's life depends on the win or loss totals.  Give the man the time we promised him.  I have said for years we do not have the talent of a real top 25 team.  If you really want Nebraska to be on the top of that list, you have to recruit near that level.  Michigan has recruited at that level and it was quite obvious.  All teams improve, not just Nebraska.  We have our hands full with just about everyone left on the schedule.  Step back, and look for the positives, enjoy what ever sliver of it to be found.  I think Coach Frost stated it was journey, and never heard him promise any of us a joy ride.  

Things have been tough around her for quite awhile, I remember going to the Rose Bowl and watching the Miami team.  Knew instantly we did not have the talent or speed to compete with them.  Things really haven't changed much since then.  We just want to believe they were.

I think we have the perfect coach for Nebraska, but I think he is a very proud person.  He won't handle the nay sayers very well.  I am quite certain he feels the honeymoon is over.

I completely disagree that the fan base is the problem. Without the passion for the program, there would not be money, fans in the stands, or all the support that a great program needs.

• Plus1 1

The sooner we realize that we simply do not have the athletes to compete in the big ten, the easier it will be for us to just relax and wait for Frost to build this program from the ground up. I strongly believe we have the right HEAD COACH, not sure about the other coaches, especially the special teams coach, but I am sure we do not have the right players to get us back to relevance. This season is going to be a very long and frustrating one. The sooner you make your peace with that, the better it is for your health. I love my Huskers and will always be a Husker fan till death, but these players are not the Huskers I grew up watching. I am hoping that in the next few years, Frost will have this team back on track. Until then, I will have plenty of beers for each game. 

As for Purdue, this team has shown me ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make me believe they can win next Saturday. If we win, it is because Purdue committed too many mistakes; that is, more penalties and mistakes than us.

• Plus1 1

Well, since coach Frost said Purdue is a team we can beat and said that last Saturday's game was the low point, then you can almost be certain we'll lose to Purdue.  We can only beat Purdue if the players make plays.  Saturday was only the bottom if the players start making plays.  Players thinking victories will happen just because Scott Frost and UCF's staff is here rather than as a result of hard work during the week and during games is why we saw a bunch of hapless spectators getting run off the field against Michigan.  Until our players -- all eleven on the field, in all three phases of the game-- start kicking the asses of the guys lined up across from them we're in for more losses.  Every team on our schedule is capable of beating us if our players don't show up ready to fight.

In his post-game presser coach Frost said "if [he] had a team that didn't compete he would be really worried right now."  It really worries me that he thinks his players were actually competing in that game because to me it looked like quite a few of them completely checked out in early in the game.

3 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Yesterday looked a lot like some of Bo’s games against Wisconsin. Not really gonna split hairs about which stomping I felt better about. 

I feel much better about the Wisconsin stomping in -10 weather that happened in a 9 win season with players who looked like they belonged on the same field. But Bo did have his recruiting and coaching problems as well.

3 hours ago, BoSolich said:

it's not meaningless when you factor in we had a walk on qb playing in his first game against troy.

In 2016 we had a walk on qb lead us to a win over Maryland and a competitive game against Tennessee.

In 2013 we had a walk on qb lead us to a win over Penn State and Northwestern.

There's not a single excuse in the world for us to lose to Troy because of a walk on quarterback. 

• Plus1 2

It basically comes down to this:  Do the players want the losing to end?  Do they come out this week to practice angry at getting absolutely humiliated by Michigan, looking to take it out on their next opponent or do they just quit?  This weeks game more than any other this season will tell us what kind of team this is going to be for the rest of the season.