What happened to Washington?

DILLY

I think a lot of our RB and definitely Martinez and Bunch were considering life after running for it all game Saturday. Just need to get through this year without any of the young guns sustaining some sort of significant injury. 

As for Washington being unhappy I think i'll chalk this one up to him being young and immature. I'm sure the coaches will set him straight and hopefully he can get things figured out as he has a damn bright future for us. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vince R. said:

He did not practice today and Sean Callahan from HuskerOnline said he expects him to practice tomorrow. 

This type of thing is normal as Frost begins the process of roster upgrades.

The linemen take the longest to develop.

I think it's good that Washington is being open with the staff about his frustration.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I know that he has had a hard life, but looking at Washington's high school history, it will be a minor miracle if he completes 3 years in Lincoln.

Not all of it was his fault.  However, there comes a time in life that you make the most of what opportunities you ARE given.   Now would be a good time for him to learn that life in general is full of bad Olines in front of you (metaphorically speaking), and do what you can to overcome.  If not, opportunities to shine are going to be fewer and farther between.

• Plus1 3
On 9/23/2018 at 9:09 AM, Husker03 said:

Miles jones?  I don’t know where he is nor do I care, as he hasn’t cracked the 4 deep. 

He is co-second team with Washington. Bell -OR- Ozigbo then Washington -OR- Jones. Don't know why he hasn't played but you don't care anyway.

Depth chart for Purdue game from the presser today.

I will apologize for my tone less than 24 hours after the worst D-1 o line performance I have ever seen. I do care about Miles Jones, I was more saying I don’t much care about a 3rd-5th string running back when our 1-3rd stringers averaged a half a yard per tote. I read it as a call for another guy that may be the answer and I overreacted. Y’all are right. He may be hurt. He may be having school troubles.  He may be holding onto a redshirt? But I will say.  I’m sorry for what I said when I was sad. 

• Plus1 3

42 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Am I wrong to think / hope some teammates reached out and set him right and / or realed him back in.  I think it would be grand if they did.

That would be a great anecdote to this week's debacle. It's just too bad it made it to the media.  Maybe it happens after every loss?  Don't know