Nebraska line opens against Purdue

drfish

I don't think in my lifetime I ever expected NU to be home underdogs against Purdue unless Drew Brees was under center.  Hell, Kentucky football would be a double digit favorite against Nebraska right now.  That's alternate universe stuff to me.  I've just got to keep the faith and prepare for a lengthy rebuild.  It's okay, part of the joy is the journey.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, drfish said:

As a 3 point home dog to a 1-3 Purdue team.  Woof.

Sorry, not trying to insult your post here drfish, and I know the reality behind what you are saying, but really, who gives two sh*ts about the line. 

Right now, imo, this team can’t look at goals that far out. They need to win the next play, before they can win the game. Before anyone jumps me for lowering my expectations and standards, recognize the hurdles this team needs to clear yet. 

2 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

Sorry, not trying to insult your post here drfish, and I know the reality behind what you are saying, but really, who give two sh*ts about the line. 

Right now, imo, this team can’t look at goals that far out. They need to win the next play, before they can win the game.before anyone jumps me for lowering my expectations and standards, recognize the hurdles this team needs to clear yet. 

Valid point.

2 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

Sorry, not trying to insult your post here drfish, and I know the reality behind what you are saying, but really, who give two sh*ts about the line. 

Right now, imo, this team can’t look at goals that far out. They need to win the next play, before they can win the game.before anyone jumps me for lowering my expectations and standards, recognize the hurdles this team needs to clear yet. 

Statistically, the favorite wins greater than 51% of the time. It's the odds of that team winning.

So logically, it's relevant when discussing the odds of your team winning the game.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

People who bet on sports care about the line.  Nebraska opening as a home underdog doesn't happen very often, opening as a home underdog to Purdue is an eclipse level event and It's definitely threadworthy.  If betting on sports isn't your thing, that's cool, just realize there is a subset of the population that enjoys it.  

• Plus1 4
12 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

People who bet on sports care about the line.  Nebraska opening as a home underdog doesn't happen very often, opening as a home underdog to Purdue is an eclipse level event.  It's definitely threadworthy.  If betting on sports isn't your thing, that's cool, just realize there is a subset of the population that enjoys it.  Feel free to show yourself out of the thread.

I did not say it wasn’t thread worthy for those who engage in betting, and in fact, as I mentioned, I was not trying to be insulting. I was speaking to the things we as Husker fans should be concerned with, over prognosticators predictions. 

Thanks for the instructions, however. 

Mod tryouts are not until next week, I thought?  :dunno

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

I did not say it wasn’t thread worthy for those who engage in betting, and in fact, as I mentioned, I was not trying to be insulting. I was speaking to the things we as Husker fans should be concerned with, over prognosticators predictions. 

Thanks for the instructions, however. 

Mod tryouts are not until next week, I thought?  :dunno

Got it, so you're the authority on what Husker fans should be concerned about?  

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Got it, so you're the authority on what Husker fans should be concerned about?  

That’s so kind of you!

Here; I misjudged your earlier instructions (now edited out) to me, as being mischievous or attempting to provoke Drama. 

Thank you, for the compliment, but nah, just a regular ole Husker fan. 

+1 drfish for thread, was not my intent to create a point for drama. 

Edited by TAKODA
Added +1 to drfish