Purdue Week Pressers

How the hell is Tyjon Lindsey still the #1 at PR? I have been saying since the spring game, he does not know how to get north-south, he puts moves and double-moves on air, and has little vision. There are some issues on this team that will take time to change, but this is not one of them. The failure that we see in the PR game will be owned by the staff.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

How the hell is Tyjon Lindsey still the #1 at PR? I have been saying since the spring game, he does not know how to get north-south, he puts moves and double-moves on air, and has little vision. There are some issues on this team that will take time to change, but this is not one of them. The failure that we see in the PR game will be owned by the staff.

35 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Just out of curiosity, have you re-watched any of it? I have (because I'm a masochist), and it was definitely bad but  looked more like players messing up technique and assignments rather than being physically dominated. It always feels worse as it's happening, and it was definitely really bad, but I don't think they looked 46 points better overall. 21 or 28 sure, I'm not saying we could have won or anything.

There's also just the fact that he has to do these interviews. He can't prove that we were close until we start winning, but he has to answer questions about it all week. It's always going to seem like it's not true because every coach is going to say they're close. Some are right, some are wrong. The reporters would go nuts if he said "it won't click until year 2," even though Frost has tried to allude to that. I think he deserves a little more time before we consider his "we're really close" to be the same as Riley saying it in year 3.

I have not, and perhaps the army of Husker media folks I follow on Twitter haven't either, but the clips that are getting passed around are down right sad, physical domination. 

We had 27 yards in the first half. I don't know how you can sit there and say that's "not that bad". And I don't necessarily think you can put a lot of stock into the 2nd half, when they are playing non-starters. 

I understand he has to do the interviews. But we have heard the same things 3 weeks in a row. I just don't know how you can stand up there and continue to say "it's not as bad as it looks on film". 

For frosts sake I really hope we aren't outmatched by Purdue. Not saying he's in danger or anything, but he's not doing himself any favors with some of the stuff these pressers are setting him up for. 

I don't think we are outmatched against Purdue.  Purdue isn't a bad team but I don't believe we are either.  We are a young team going through transition.  This team held it's own fine with Colorado and Troy.  I know people scoff but those are decent teams...on the level of Purdue.  I'll be extremely disappointed if this team doesn't bounce back and look more like Colorado with AM back.  Not saying they'll win, but it should be a good 4 quarter game.  Right now that's all we can ask.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

Some of the quotes from Frost today really don't sit too well and are scary. 

"we aren't that far off" 

"the film wasn't as bad as it looked."

Dude you got absolutely bullied. That team would have ran the ball and sacked the qb blindfolded. 

And for the love, please stop selecting Lamar Jackson for interviews. 

I disagree with your take. When I read this message I had not watched the video yet- I was thinking oh man Frost is delusional if he thinks we could compete with these guys. Then I watched the video and I dont think he was implying that AT ALL. Just watch it again- he is not talking about the game as a whole he was talking about a few specific plays- that they had some chances to make some plays. They were not that far off from making a few plays in the game. He said they wouldnt have changed the outcome. 

I just think your message above makes it sound like Frost thought a few things here or there and we could have competed. If you ask me he admits they cant compete with Michigan- we are not even close. But we could have made a few plays instead of making none.

He goes into detail that they are playing 22 year old guys and we are playing 18 year old kids and to compete with a team like that we need a few recruiting cycles to build talent and depth. There was a moment I think he was about to say we need to keep recruiting to get better players- then he had a slight pause and said to get more good players on the team.

Thats what I heard.

36 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

I have not, and perhaps the army of Husker media folks I follow on Twitter haven't either, but the clips that are getting passed around are down right sad, physical domination. 

We had 27 yards in the first half. I don't know how you can sit there and say that's "not that bad". And I don't necessarily think you can put a lot of stock into the 2nd half, when they are playing non-starters. 

I understand he has to do the interviews. But we have heard the same things 3 weeks in a row. I just don't know how you can stand up there and continue to say "it's not as bad as it looks on film". 

For frosts sake I really hope we aren't outmatched by Purdue. Not saying he's in danger or anything, but he's not doing himself any favors with some of the stuff these pressers are setting him up for. 

29 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Having 132 total yards of offense and giving up almost 500 yards on defense and saying that it was merely bad technique and missed assignments and physicality not at all being attributed is laughable.

Good points, and I should clarify I was talking about our defense and did not specify that in my post. Our offense was thoroughly outclassed by their defense in every way,but I don't think the defense was as bad as it seemed. As St Paul pointed out, the numbers really don't back me up so I understand disagreeing. I will completely change my tune if it looks at all similar against Purdue.