Is Coach Frost regretting his decision to come home at this point?

PlzCoolerMe

Yep this is a click bait self stroking "commentary" worth about as much as toilet paper.

Really in a couple years UCF will slip back into obscurity as such teams always do, and let's not talk inviting them to a NC, look at their schedule, that is not anything resembling a challenge to actual contenders.

As far as Frost or most other coaches, no their thicker skinned then to regret anything after a rough start. If anything it motivates them, never mind that he's back at he's Alma mater

I will say the class act that is Bill Moos is certainly a nice padding for this small rough spell.  Bill is savvy and wise; he supports Frost and will give him what he needs to succeed.

The ship will turn.  Culture is a heck of a thing to change.  We shot trap today and one guy couldn't hit the clay.  He needed to see one hit.  When he saw it, he got on a roll; saw what success looks like.  I think the guys need to see a win, alleviate pressure, and in concurrence, a winning attitude (culture change) permeates the locker room and campus.  There will still be pitfalls, but it will change.

This board will look very different in two seasons.

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I will say the class act that is Bill Moos is certainly a nice padding for this small rough spell.  Bill is savvy and wise; he supports Frost and will give him what he needs to succeed.

The ship will turn.  Culture is a heck of a thing to change.  We shot trap today and one guy couldn't hit the clay.  He needed to see one hit.  When he saw it, he got on a roll; saw what success looks like.  I think the guys need to see a win, alleviate pressure, and in concurrence, a winning attitude (culture change) permeates the locker room and campus.  There will still be pitfalls, but it will change.

This board will look very different in two seasons.

I don't think seeing a win can be over stated. These guys are on a 7 game skid and have lost 11 of their last 15. These kids need to remember how and what it feels like to win. 

• Plus1 1

He's not regretting the move.  I lived in SFL.  I'd take Lincoln in a heart beat...

That being said, I feel confident that Frost knew exactly what he was getting into when he came back.  For those old enough to remember his return as a player......Yea, he knows the fish bowl.  I think he is also a fairly quick judge of talent and knew what NU had/didn't have and needs to be successful.  Unsure if I have ever heard him give a time line for when we would "return".  His comments have been optimistic, but guarded.  I know I have read and wrung every bit of optimism from those words and was probably much more than he meant.....I'm sure he also knows he has inherited a mentally weaker team than he had in his playing days and is trying to temper his comments to build them up, not tear them down.  Even what he says after our losses are clues about where we actually are.  We are in a mess.  To varying degrees talent gap, depth at key positions, mental lapses and the all important "buy in".  He knew all of this before he said yes.  More importantly, knowing all this, he still came.  Born and bred in NE.  He's home.  And I'm glad.

And he love's Runza's....

• Plus1 1