N-2007.gif

Player: Patrick Witt

Hometown: Wylie Texas

Position: QB

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 215

40 time: 4.95

Visit Date: October 20, 2006

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Texas Tech, Baylor, Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Tulane, Tulsa, Texas El Paso

Favorites: Signed with Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star

Assessing the talent:Two words ....Drew Bledsoe. Reminds me an awful lot of him after watching his film. Tall with good vision, nice footwork. Prototype WCO QB. Nice touch to the tall receivers . Good accurate arm.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 100% Already taking classes

Patrick Witt

QB 6-4 215 Wylie, Texas - Wylie HS

“The whole experience was awesome and the atmosphere was amazing. I’d give it a ‘10’ on a scale of 1-10. It was great. It exceeded all my expectations. We went around all the new facilities now that they’ve moved in. They’re unbelievable.”

his visit was an unofficial visit, do you know when or if he makes an official visit?

I dont know if he will take an official. Mom and dad are airline pilots and mom couldn't check us out so maybe there will be one.

I know that he wants a couple of his relatives to check us out before any decision.Dad was with him so I guess we passed that test. I bet Calli and Norvell are putting on the full court press.

a couple of wks ago, I posted that he was the next hot prospect - since, many of the top qb's had either chosen, or were b/w 2 or 3 schools, & then tt targeted this kid, & many other schools followed tt lead - now, including NU

I was always frusterated when NU would offer a 2nd or 3rd tier prospect, or diamond in the rough type, & then ore, or wash, or az, or somebody else would follow w/ any offer, because of NU's ability to find that next hot prospect - so, I am glad to find that tt is what NU used to be:

when I posted about this kid 2 wks, he had about 4 major offers - wi, pur, bay, & tt - now he has tripled that, & watch it quadruple - thanks tt:

hello, the next target & a pro-style qb, who is now gathering a lot of buzz (for schools who have missed on the top-tier p-s qb's) is:

patrick witt, wylie, tx, 6'4", 215, 4.95 he has recently garnered schollie from northern schools - wi, in, & pur, & southern schools - tt, a&m, & bay - NU could also sneak in on his kid w/ the others if they are willing

p.s. who said that the top qb's are pretty much taken, because their is a watch-&-see b/w 3:

tyrod taylor #2 d-t qb, hampton, va, who is uncommitted - vt & fl as his top 2

stephan garcia #5 d-t qb, tampa, fl, who is uncommitted - fl & sc as his top 2

matt lentz, 6'3", 205, 4.74, who is uncommitted - has many including NU, clem, sc, nd, ky, ga, & gt

rumor mill: the lentz situation is the most interesting, because if garcia goes to sc, & w/ smelley 4* coming in as a fr this yr, then sc is out - which seems like the most likely conclusion, because tebow 5* is at fl; plus, clem has a verbal from korn 5*; & ga & gt are in a battle over a wait-&-see there b/w two 4* uncommitted ga high-schoolers in nesbitt & newton - plus, ga signed stafford 5* last yr; nd signed 2 top qb's last yr, & have a verbal from claussen, this yr - therefore, lentz maybe looking at NU harder then most suspect!

thank you for your time,

hootin'

a couple of wks ago, I posted that he was the next hot prospect - since, many of the top qb's had either chosen, or were b/w 2 or 3 schools, & then tt targeted this kid, & many other schools followed tt lead - now, including NU

I was always frusterated when NU would offer a 2nd or 3rd tier prospect, or diamond in the rough type, & then ore, or wash, or az, or somebody else would follow w/ any offer, because of NU's ability to find that next hot prospect - so, I am glad to find that tt is what NU used to be:

when I posted about this kid 2 wks, he had about 4 major offers - wi, pur, bay, & tt - now he has tripled that, & watch it quadruple - thanks tt:

hello, the next target & a pro-style qb, who is now gathering a lot of buzz (for schools who have missed on the top-tier p-s qb's) is:

patrick witt, wylie, tx, 6'4", 215, 4.95 he has recently garnered schollie from northern schools - wi, in, & pur, & southern schools - tt, a&m, & bay - NU could also sneak in on his kid w/ the others if they are willing

p.s. who said that the top qb's are pretty much taken, because their is a watch-&-see b/w 3:

tyrod taylor #2 d-t qb, hampton, va, who is uncommitted - vt & fl as his top 2

stephan garcia #5 d-t qb, tampa, fl, who is uncommitted - fl & sc as his top 2

matt lentz, 6'3", 205, 4.74, who is uncommitted - has many including NU, clem, sc, nd, ky, ga, & gt

rumor mill: the lentz situation is the most interesting, because if garcia goes to sc, & w/ smelley 4* coming in as a fr this yr, then sc is out - which seems like the most likely conclusion, because tebow 5* is at fl; plus, clem has a verbal from korn 5*; & ga & gt are in a battle over a wait-&-see there b/w two 4* uncommitted ga high-schoolers in nesbitt & newton - plus, ga signed stafford 5* last yr; nd signed 2 top qb's last yr, & have a verbal from claussen, this yr - therefore, lentz maybe looking at NU harder then most suspect!

thank you for your time,

hootin'

any predictions on the powerball numbers for wednesday night????

Wonder how this will play with Logan Grey...

Welcome to Big Red Country, Mr. Witt!!!

:restore2:clap:restore2:clap:restore2:clap:restore2

PS - Interesting - per Scout.com, he has a brother serving a mission in Bolivia. Perhaps Mr. Witt will serve a mission as well? We don't know if the kid is LDS (gotta love these LDS quarterbacks!), but chances are he is. Funny we haven't heard anything about him deliberating over a mission.