Recruiting 80% in three states?

• 2 weeks later...

I've often wondered why we do not do more in Missouri. Its a state with over 5 million people and one major football school (Missouri) who isn't that good. We should be able to get a minimum of 3-4 players from there every year. They have some solid, solid players from that state annually. We should get after these kids. They are already in our own region, so most are already familiar with NU. Any thoughts? :hmmm

Cosgrove has had enormous success in St.Louis (Hazelwood & Voshon in particular) since his days at Wisconsin and that area produces quality D1 talent every year. Since he's been on board, he's landed 3 guys from that area (Williams, Brooks, McNeill). I'm glad he's on our side.

It's so hard to rank all of the players too. I think Will Henry will be a good player once he adds a few punds to his frame. No one really knew about him because he came from the middle of nowhere in a state filled with talent. It's great that our coaches are going all over the state to find talent in players that no one else sees. The same thing happened with Nunn, and he is developing into a great player. As long as they keep this up, they should be able to get plenty of talent all over Texas.

yeah, it's very very difficult to rank all the players since the state is so enriched with talent, and it's so hard to pick out the multi :star athletes, it's not like here in nebraska (i'm not saying there isn't good players here, it's just not recognized nationally as a hot bed for D1 prospects) when a great prospect comes along and is easy to point out. anyway i'm glad Cal and company realize that, and are making strides to infuse our program with some of that talent.

I don't know if there is a stat out there, but you would think players from Texas are ready to come in and contribute faster than other players because of the level of competition, and the size of crowds they play in front of. When there are 15,000-20,000 fans at a game, that definately helps.

hello, w/ tx w/ 18 verbals & one more on the way when richetti jones verbals to them - NU will have one less competitor for the state of tx (since, tx will be maxed out at 19 committments for '07):

top 100 tx prospect who are high, or very interested in NU:

#38 brandon herron lb - favs are lsu, tx, & NU

#46 travis love db - high on NU

#51 justin sturns rb rusk, tx - possible NU baseball & football recruit

#56 brandon joiner de - favs are osu, tx, a&m, NU

#71 witt - verballed to NU

#72 jacob amie wr - favs are NU & tt

#80 boyd-anderson rb - high on NU

#84 harris - verballed to NU

#85 bret harris db - favs are ar, NU, & osu

#89 sullivan - verballed to NU

p.s. #97 reed, #88 jones, #87 franklin, #63 cuba, #50 thomas, #48 bass, #45 mcneil, #41 mendoza, #36 brown, #35 moore, #33 kerley, #29 kirnendoll, #27 miler, #24 brooks, #21 bryant, & #2 toliver all have good interest in NU (but, NU is in the mix w/ a few others, also)

2nd p.s. I think that NU is hitting the state of tx pretty heavily this yr