How To Capture Streaming Video

those online conversion sites look cool, but can you customize what you convert to? like choose sample rate/bit depth and bit/frame rates or size?

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer programs that offer you control over everything.

But definitely an alternate way of doing things. DVD Flick looks good.

those online conversion sites look cool, but can you customize what you convert to? like choose sample rate/bit depth and bit/frame rates or size?

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer programs that offer you control over everything.

But definitely an alternate way of doing things. DVD Flick looks good.

I know what your saying about the site converters, but most people that download from YouTube and the like, are not going to be able to get any high quality footage. This is just the simplest way for those who are not technically knowledgeable.

As for DVD Flick, it is the Open Source standard for DVD Authoring, and its SO easy to use and get great results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

question: if I delete the photo attachments from my CONTROLS page--to free up the global memory--will that delete them also from the actual thread posts, i.e., make them disappear from the posts?

I assume you're talking about the pictures in your signatures. If so, then the answer is, "Yes".

no, I'm talking about if the pics that I include within a post, in my controls it says that about all the memory is used up for that so now I can't add any more attachments to a post.

question: if I delete the photo attachments from my CONTROLS page--to free up the global memory--will that delete them also from the actual thread posts, i.e., make them disappear from the posts?

I assume you're talking about the pictures in your signatures. If so, then the answer is, "Yes".

no, I'm talking about if the pics that I include within a post, in my controls it says that about all the memory is used up for that so now I can't add any more attachments to a post.

Never tried it, but I assume so. Since the pictures appear as variables pulled from the database, I'm fairly certain that if you delete them then they won't be pulled when someone view the post.

Never tried it, but I assume so. Since the pictures appear as variables pulled from the database, I'm fairly certain that if you delete them then they won't be pulled when someone view the post.

k, thanks, i'll experiment with it...

k, thanks, i'll experiment with it...

and it appears to be so...

• 3 years later...

There are several ways. You can get a free account at Photobucket, Imageshack, or any number of other image hosts. Google "image host" and you'll get a bunch of choices.

Once you have your account, you can upload whatever photo/gif you want to your account. Both Imageshack and Photobucket generate code for forums, so you just copy/paste the code they give for your image into your post, and you're done.

You can also use the Attach Files button below the text box, and upload your image directly to HuskerBoard. If you're using the Quick Reply box below the forum, hit the More Reply Options on the bottom right to see the Attach Files tool. Hit the Choose Files button and it'll walk you through the process. Note that you have just under 60MB of total space, so if you use that option regularly you'll run out of space after a short time.

Your avatar seems to be broken right now. To change that, go to your profile and click on your avatar. A hover button named "Change" will appear. Click that button and walk through the steps there to change your avatar.

I use downloadhelper, it's an add on for Firefox. Not only can you download the vids, but you can convert them on the fly for mp4 format or whatever you want. Also you can choose to download the HD vids on youtube and such.

It's the best one I've used.