What effect will the Bomar incedent have

I think it's a pretty big + for NU. Kids will look at that and see that the NCAA is closely monitoring them and will pick up on any little thing they do, so I'm assuming a smart kid wouldn't want to be anywhere near a team that is under the magnifying glass and has had previous problems involving more than one student in a single incident.

I agree but will it be a wait and see? Will some of the recruits wait to see if the NCAA is going to do something before Feb 1?

Next question will our coaches use this when recruiting these players? Will our coaches call the OU commitments so far and say "The NCAA might be after OU, Ar you sure you want to go there"?

I don't know that our recruiters would go so far as to say that. I think they may stress NU's 'clean' record and how there haven't been any real scandals in Lincoln. I don't think they'd STOOP (haha) to the level of ND and do some negative recruiting.

I do think that some of the recruits will jump ship, but for the most part alot will take the wait and see attidude for now. Since there is not any NCAA investigation going on right now.

But for any recruits out there that where thinking only between NU/OU then I think that there mind will be made pretty soon

I think this could make some recruits think, hey if I mess up a little bit, Stoops will kick me off, then lok at Nebraska and see the thing that happened with Culbert and think, hey Coach C will give me a second chance. I hope players don't start comng here though and messing up, thinking Callahan will give them a second chance after every mistake.

I dont think that he would have any choice but to kick him off of the team. they investigated the car issue and decided that he didnt violate any NCAA rules by driving the car while tring to get it financed.

we all know that he was give the car to drive by the dealership, but they also stated that they do that for alot of customers.

which were probably OU players also

You know this might open up the door for the early playing time card. They might get a qb away from somebody.... Maybe?????

That's a real good point. You almost have to wonder if some of the QB commits will reconsider their decision and give OU a closer look.

With regard to AD, I think the NCAA will come in and look closer at that. OU is the one who did the initial investigation and cleared him, not the NCAA.

I do not think this will have any effect on OU's current commitments. It may make some recruits that are considering OU look closer, but since this is happening in August instead of say Late December or January, it will blow over by signing day. The only way I think we see recruits shy away from OU or commitment changed is if the NCAA starts a major investigation this season. And if the NCAA looked the other way at CU why wouldn't they here?