Sunday's Practice

I just got back from watching practice and things look pretty promising.  Herian looks like he’s in full strength, and Andre Jones was getting some repetitions without signs of pain.

***SNIP***

Could you elaborate on this a bit? What I mean is, does it look like he's running without problems? No "hitch in his giddy-up", so to speak? Did he have anything thrown his way, and if so, did he catch it (them)? Did he run good routes? That kind of thing.

If the offensive line has made the improvements that we seem to be hearing, having an NFL-caliber tight end is the final, missing piece to the West Coast offense.

He deff. does not run as smooth as he used to but it doesn't look like its effecting his proformance. I don't think he'll ever loose that gimp. He still runs full speed and had no problem catching anything or blocking.

I'm FAMOUS, I'm on Huskers.com :hellloooo

xvhmlwtbbuemfsr20060821002857cb5.jpg

Those are some pretty sweet pictures. How many students do you think were there?

Prolly 3000 students plus others, All but 3 sections of the east side were filled to the top.

Good guess, you're close. Huskers.com says approx 4200 students were there today.

Link

Im glad that the students are taking advantage of a great opportunity that they have in watching the Huskers for free.

Practice watch

The Huskers practiced this afternoon/evening in front of about 4,200 students at Memorial Stadium. For the first time this fall, reporters were allowed to watch.

Don't get too excited, though ... not a whole lot to report from a short practice in shorts and shoulder pads. There was no scrimmage; only a light run-through of plays, not at full speed, and obviously with no tackles. But here are some notes:

-- Isaiah Fluellen had all reps with the No. 1 defense at cornerback. Andre Jones, recovering from a sore hamstring, did practice some, but with the second units. Tyrell Spain and Titus Brothers were also with the second units.

-- Ricky Thenarse and Major Culbert had a good deal of the reps with the No. 2 defense at safety, behind Andrew Shanle and Tierre Green. Ben Eisenhart was a little nicked up but did play some with the second units.

-- Nothing really to report on the I-backs. They all saw reps, including even some by Thomas Lawson.

-- Maurice Purify was with the No. 1 offense and caught virtually everything thrown to him.

-- Protection seemed OK, but without actually seeing a live scrimmage, it's hard to tell. Zac Taylor had one interception (by Jay Moore) but otherwise was very accurate. Brian Hildebrand, by the way, had no snaps.

-- There was no special teams play. But it sounds like Titchener and Such are neck-and-neck for the No. 1 punter.

-- Dontrell Moore is no longer on the team. Stewart Bradley was excused for personal reasons and is expected back by Tuesday, the next day of practice. Mike McNeill (foot) did not practice. Steve Octavien was running along the sidelines in sweats. Barry Turner didn't practice but was suited up.

-- Isaiah Fluellen had all reps with the No. 1 defense at cornerback. Andre Jones, recovering from a sore hamstring, did practice some, but with the second units. Tyrell Spain and Titus Brothers were also with the second units.

I'm really surprised to see Isaiah Fluellen playing with the first team. I for one didn't think that he could move up the charts so quickly right after the switch. That is good for him and I hope that he succeeds.

I just got back from watching practice and things look pretty promising.  Herian looks like he’s in full strength, and Andre Jones was getting some repetitions without signs of pain.

***SNIP***

Could you elaborate on this a bit? What I mean is, does it look like he's running without problems? No "hitch in his giddy-up", so to speak? Did he have anything thrown his way, and if so, did he catch it (them)? Did he run good routes? That kind of thing.

If the offensive line has made the improvements that we seem to be hearing, having an NFL-caliber tight end is the final, missing piece to the West Coast offense.

He deff. does not run as smooth as he used to but it doesn't look like its effecting his proformance. I don't think he'll ever loose that gimp. He still runs full speed and had no problem catching anything or blocking.

What's up with the white? No red in your wordrobe? :sarcasm

***SNIP***

What's up with the white? No red in your wordrobe? :sarcasm

I left work early to go and went strait there. Don't worry, gameday I'll be all red.