Trump and the Press

1. Obama has answered questions and spoken about Chicago's problems plenty of times, knows about it firsthand more than anyone else ever could having a house on the South Side, and is poised to do a lot of community enrichment through the Obama Center and the My Brother's Keeper Initiative now that he is out of the White House:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/obama-deep-concern-over-chicago-violence/

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Obama-Addresses-Hometown-Violence-in-Police-Chiefs-Conference-in-Chicago-337654961.html

https://newsone.com/2235495/obamas-gun-control-chicago/

Dewiz claims Obama's administration ignored it. Dewiz is either wrong, or lying.

2. Trump's threat to send in the feds was A) a response to watching Fox News, B) vague and lacking clarity (what does he mean? martial law? federal assistance to the police department?), and C) criticized by plenty of politicians on both sides of the aisle:

Rep. Mark Sanford, R-S.C., said Wednesday that Trump was suggesting a "horrifying" violation of the constitutional limits on how much power the federal government had over cities.

"What he is threatening to do in addressing carnage would bring far greater carnage to the Constitution and the idea of a limited federal government," Sanford said. "Every American problem does not require an answer from Washington."

Florida Republican consultant Rick Wilson characterized Trump's threat as a true test of how dedicated conservatives are to the principle of limited federal government.

"If Obama had announced he was going to 'send in the feds' to some red state, Republicans would rightly be losing their collective minds," Wilson said on Twitter.

3. Trump isn't a "so-called" racist. Trump is a documented, factual racist. Trump violated the Civil Rights Act and was sued by the Department of Justice for not renting to blacks, and was then charged with racial discrimination again after the ruling. Trump follows Pro-Hitler, white genocide conspiracy Twitter accounts.

• Fire 2

For how long, and after how many lives ruined, do we no longer have to keep giving Trump a chance?

Ya shame on Trump for fixing the city of Chicago of its violence death disease ridden city it has been past 8 years where Chicago native ex President Obama ignored it....

How dare that Trump

When exactly did he do that?
First he's publicly informed the media, politicians and the American people that there is a serious problem in Chicago something the previous regime ignored

And second he has threaten to send in the Feds if Chicago doesn't fix the problem

He hasn't fixed the problem yet but he is gaining eyes, ears and the much needed attention by bringing up a problem that has plagued that city for years.

I've heard figures of 4,000 black on black murders during Obama's presidency but in 2015 there were 485 and in 2016 it soured to 762, its worst since 96' and more than LA and New York combined and Obama ignored all of that....in his home city.

And here Trump is a so-called racist but yet wants to help out the black community :dunno

So...in other words, he hasn't fixed the problem. So don't say he fixed it.

• Fire 1

If Donald is as true and vigorous an advocate for black people as you suggest, I'm sure he'll fight against all the efforts his party has spearheaded aimed at disenfranchising or suppressing black voters. As well as for example the efforts to dismantle the long-tardy government programs targeting black communities commensurate to their need.

I'm certain that as a strong supporter of candidates who advance minority demographic concerns in this country, you have been likewise firm in your opposition to such efforts.

• Fire 1

Bravo, Shep. See, as much as I disagree with him (or Dewiz) on lots of topics probably, discussions like these give me a sense of optimism about where we are as a nation. We will stand up for similar things, whether it's on foreign adversaries interfering with elections or whether it's helping black people, and I believe we will all listen to reason when it comes to whether or not the administration is credible on these counts.

The lunatic fringe is still the fringe. They've just convinced a lot of people that they aren't. They have not yet transformed our core values, and it's far from too late for us -- all of us -- to wake up and stop them.

1. Obama did nothing....NOTHING for 8 years. Talking about it and doing something are two different things. Obama also didn't do much for the black community in Chicago either....

I go out in the street with the people I visited the worst neighborhoods I talked to the gangs. They said, you know, Farrakhan, the president aint never come could you get him to come and look after us?'

Farrakhan added:

Theres your legacy, Mr. President its in the streets with your suffering people, Mrs. President. And if you cant go and see about them, then dont worry about your legacy cause the white people that you serve so well theyll preserve your legacy the hell they will but you dint earn your legacy with us!

You didnt earn your legacy with Black people. You fought for the rights of gay people You fight for Israel Your people are suffering and dying in the streets!

http://sandrarose.com/2016/09/minister-farrakhan-obama-didnt-anything-black-people/

Go to the 1:55 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA1O2oiDVyU

America's ongoing struggle with gun violence was highlighted on Saturday as it was revealed that at least four people had been wounded in shootings in Chicago within hours of President Barack Obama making a major speech in the city.

The president is spearheading a push to curb the US's high rate of gun violence, vowing to bring more regulations of certain types of firearms in the wake of the Newtown school massacre at the end of last year. However, he has faced stiff opposition from the powerful National Rifle Association, conservative gun-owners and many Republican politicians, who say he plans to attack the country's constitutional right to bear arms.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/8SvV_AV9V9Bs_WfJ3uFpuxhpkZtUVY394g3_feJkW9jQPkYE2fD4XNctV0Bu0DELVJBuhAt0KfI3doeIaZwLJmGoSL4LNEp70oX1MYwN_0nPBdxmwukN5zGLYrrUXffOzCT7Oinq

But heres the number which should give every American true perspective: In Afghanistan, from the start of the war in 2001 to August 2016, there have been 2,384 American casualties. In Chicago, since 2009 to August 2016, there have been 3,686 homicides. In other words, under President Obamas watch, there have been 1,302 more people murdered in an American city in half the time compared to the longest war in U.S. history.

When asked by a perplexed media if Mr. Obama had any plan to address the carnage in his hometown, White House spokesman Josh Earnest said the president was concerned but according to the Free Beacon noted, Well, Im not aware of any specific prescription that the presidents prepared to put forward to address the situation just in Chicago.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/2/carnage-in-obamas-chicago/

2. Who freakin cares if Fox News said this or that, this issue has been a huge vocal point for Trump for over a year during his presidential campaign.

Tweet that was made before the Fox News report

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/815973752785793024

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/769571710924263424

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/8SvV_AV9V9Bs_WfJ3uFpuxhpkZtUVY394g3_feJkW9jQPkYE2fD4XNctV0Bu0DELVJBuhAt0KfI3doeIaZwLJmGoSL4LNEp70oX1MYwN_0nPBdxmwukN5zGLYrrUXffOzCT7Oinq

3. Fake news on being a racist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/WomenForTrump/comments/4d03qn/lets_compile_a_list_of_prowomen_prominority/

Looks like he made a big mistake with the non-housing of blacks....BUT that was decades ago and Trump has changed, people can learn and change. Was even praised by Rev. Jesse Jackson about Trumps commitment with minority's back in 99'.

For how long, and after how many lives ruined, do we no longer have to keep giving Trump a chance?

Ya shame on Trump for fixing the city of Chicago of its violence death disease ridden city it has been past 8 years where Chicago native ex President Obama ignored it....

How dare that Trump

Oh, he fixed it? Give me a break. Trump hasn't accomplished a damn thing. If you're a poor white guy, in rural America (not you personally), and you voted for Trump thinking he'd swoop in and save your ass, you've got to be wondering why he's still spewing at the mouth about the electoral college over 3 months after he won the election. He doesn't give a damn about you, me, or any other American. You know it's bad when you've got Bill Maher longing for the days of G.W. Bush.

• Fire 1

Sad part is, those folks that thought he'd swoop in and save them are still brainwashed into thinking he's still going to. They're celebrating today's press conference, which just proves how out of touch and snowed they are.

That's the big problem. He's convinced so many people that his lies are the truth and everyone else's truths are lies.

How dare that Trump

Oh, he fixed it? Give me a break. Trump hasn't accomplished a damn thing. If you're a poor white guy, in rural America (not you personally), and you voted for Trump thinking he'd swoop in and save your ass, you've got to be wondering why he's still spewing at the mouth about the electoral college over 3 months after he won the election. He doesn't give a damn about you, me, or any other American. You know it's bad when you've got Bill Maher longing for the days of G.W. Bush.

Regarding the bold, one could argue he's potentially caused greater damage to the farms of Nebraska. If the feud with Mexico actually leads to a cut in corn exports, and the ability to access Asian markets with beef becomes harder with the repeal of the TPP, it will more than likely create a lot of angst in Nebraska's economy.

How dare that Trump

At least they dodged Puzder. That guy could've been the worst possible thing to happen to the American worker.

And, with regards to press, it seems snowflakiness runs in the family:

That after this (I'll remind you that a Sinclair reporter was one of two to get a question during a presser the other day):