The Walking Dead

This could be stupid...but could Terminus be a place where you go to die...or be put down? Like, some cultish thing?

The Hunters?

That would be pretty great. I could see them going that way with Terminus, although I wouldnt mind seeing how they translated the original comic ending of the hunters to the show.

I figured people wouldnt be thrilled with the ending. The episode, I thought, was pretty well done. The cliffhanger was inevitable. The mystery of Terminus still hangs overhead. The reunion, while a little cheesy, was also a good build towards season 5.

Two things still loom. Tyreese Carol and Judith are nowhere to be seen. They were headed for Terminus as well so either A) they havent arrived yet and are in for a rude awakening where a struggle for Judith will likely ensue between the citizens of Terminus and Rick &Co. OR they are already inside Terminus and will play peacemaker to unite the groups. My money is on the first scenario.

Secondly, we still have no clue what happened to Beth. Her story is not over. Why build her backstory just to have her kidnapped forever. I would say she has a major impact in season 5. Maybe it was Tyreese and Carol who picked her up when saw her fleeing. Probably a new group we will meet this fall. Im pretty excitedd to see where things go.

Ditto Po. I came in incredibly excited and also genuinely scared due to a pretty good idea of what Terminus was, and wow this episode is probably my least favorite in the entire series.

I generally defend this show against all critique, but this was a stinker. A brilliantly written stinker, but a stinker nonetheless. End-of-season cliffhangers are fine, but you put the cliffhanger after something has happened (ie, after the prison gets destroyed). You do not put the cliffhanger in the middle of a conflict that you have been spending the entire season building towards. The fact that nothing happened with Tyreese and Carol and also with Beth just makes it worse.

And you did not need to waste ~15 minutes on flashback prison scenes to show Rick's progression. Literally one of them would have been fine.

Anyways - did you guys know that the actress that plays Beth is from Wayne, NE?

I think Id heard that. Apparantely she is quite a singer as evidenced a couple times on the show.

To disagree with one of your points is that they have put cliffhangers in the middle of an episode before. Hershels farm fell around the 30 minute mark. The point being that I like this style of writing because its reflective of their world. Hershel even confirmed this last night by saying "Its always right now" since he gave his watch to Glenn. Things happen all the time. Big things little things, there is no pause, there is no break. The viewer is now left wondering what next while the characters are imprisond thinking the same thing. Their situation is reflective of ours, now we wait.

You misunderstood my point. I said putting the cliffhanger in the middle of a conflict or event, not in the middle of an episode. The season two finale had Herschel's farm fall and by the end of the episode, it was over.

I don't think you are capable of criticizing this show in any form no matter what.

You misunderstood my point. I said putting the cliffhanger in the middle of a conflict or event, not in the middle of an episode. The season two finale had Herschel's farm fall and by the end of the episode, it was over.

I don't think you are capable of criticizing this show in any form no matter what.

No I get your point, its frustrating no doubt for the viewer. But is its frustrating because its a poor way to produce an episode or is it it because we now have to wait 6 months for a resolution.

My criticisms of the show are unimportant in the grand scheme of things but I have them.

-Andrea on the show, problem causing skank. Andrea in the comic, level headed badass.

-Lori constantly griping and complaining and blaming and nagging.....yikes.

-Dale was meant to be more like Hershel and not such a big nancy boy.

-Not thrilled how Rick and Abraham were introduced. By this point in the comic they had a mutual respect.

It is frustrating for both of those reasons.

Actually, no. Because we won't wait 6 months for a resolution - we will wait 6 months for them to start the path towards a resolution, but they won't get to anything resembling one for at least 8-9 months.

It's almost like TWD writers have a distaste for season finales. When you look back and think of all of the biggest and most shocking episodes they have had, most of them have all been regular episodes early on in the season or mid-season finales.

Different doesnt have to be bad, but I agree that some of the biggest episodes occur at strange times. But really the most impactful episode was about Lilly this season. That couldnt serve as a finale for one because she wasnt a major role and two because thats where her story ends.

I dont think it will take several episodes for them to get out of their predicament. We will know what route Terminus takes as soon as the season 5 previews begin airing.

Criticisms: I'd be curious to see the breakdown of the episode by time. How much was spent on flashbacks, how much was spent on commercials, and how much was spent advancing the actual story?

Also, not sure if someone mentioned it, but definitely cannibals. Two very deliberate scenes of them grilling meat.

Why build her backstory just to have her kidnapped forever.

Because that's what this show does. When a somewhat minor character suddenly starts getting more lines, it usually means they're about to be a goner.

Although, to our knowledge she hasn't been killed yet, so she might get some more screen time.