Watching the Game in the Minneapolis Area

foote_21

• 10 months later...

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I am gonna be up in Minneapolis for the Vikings vs. Bears game and I want to watch the game... anyone know of any Husker Bars up there? I guess if not I'll have ot rely on my Sirius radio.

Okay I just noticed this thread is three years old, but I'm going to reply anyway because I just signed up! :) In case anyone is wondering, I guess:

JOE SENSORS in Bloomington. No question about it. It's listed in the Watchsites list above, but the listing barely does it justice.

On Husker game day, the place is FULL of Husker fans. Every other TV in the place is tuned to the Husker game. They play the audio for the Husker game. If 200 people can fit in the place, 190 of them are Husker fans. 10 of them are left wondering what state they are in.

I've been there twice - both times I arrived an hour or so before the game and barely got a seat. One game (Iowa St last year) there was a group of band alumni who played songs during the commercials and halftime.

It is like teleporting to Lincoln on gameday and is very fun. High-fiving strangers after touchdowns, chanting "HUSKER POWER" before the game starts, etc. The food is decent, as well, but you don't necessarily go there for the food.

There are four Joe Sensor's bars in the Metro - I've only been to the one in Bloomington. Oh, and the two times I've gone there, I've driven an hour and a half to get there and it was still worth it.

Any questions about the joint PM me or reply to the thread!

• 2 months later...

Me and a buddy want to watch the bowl game someplace. We watched the OU game at Sensor's in Roseville and we were the only 2 nebraska fans there, we had to get one of those little boxes for the bar to get sound. Maybe it was because the game wasn't ppv?

Sounds like Bloomington is the place to be to watch a bowl game?? (I don't own a tv and my buddy has a small apartment with a dog that will freak out on me). Should we get there early or will seating not be a problem as the game is nationally televised?

Anyone who's a regular there or if anyone has other suggestions, let me know.

SPHF

• 3 years later...