Angel Reese vs Caitlin Clark

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Except it's not 'just' the media.  If you're on Twitter you will also see plenty of Iowa folks that's for sure and others running with narrative of how classless Reese is.  Clark asked for it and got what she asked for imo and the fans need to get a clue and get over it.   The women are smack talking also.  Not just the men.

I know.  That's why I typed " but the fact that people and media." 

This is a giant nothing burger.  People who are successful in that arena tend to be highly competitive.  I remember all the Larry Bird and Michael Jordan trash talk as a youth.  Heck this week I got a great laugh as Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce said that her 6-year old son fell down in a race and was disappointed that her husband didn't medal in the parent's race at her son's school so she took it upon herself to dust every other parent in a race and redeem the Pryce family name.   Trust that they were all competing for second as she wanted the family to have a gold medal.

• TBH 1
20 hours ago, runningblind said:

Is it Clark that is getting too big for her britches, or is it Iowa football fans?  ;)

Might be some of both! The past few seasons of football could have been a real bloodbath without special teams and defensive play. Most fans don't see it, they just see the record. I am in the minority, but I don't think that it was just Brian Ferentz, the offense just flat lacked talent, especially at QB, but also the line.

I cannot imagine having a s#!tty offense, defense, AND special teams for the past 20 years.

I think the reaction to this whole thing is over the top.  Who freaking cares.  God forbid there is a little competitive banter and taunting in GBB.  Imagine if you could see or hear the crap in football.  Before and during the game.  Is this is because it is women?  At least nobody punched anyone like in the Memphis-Bowling Green game.

• Thanks 1

Clark is one of the most complete PGs in women’s basketball currently and arguably a Rushmore type. Ball handling, passing, shooting, IQ, and then the speed at which she plays sets her apart from competition. I just have a hard time when someone is that phenomenal but flops and complains over any foul called against them even after the star treatment that they do receive. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
On 4/2/2023 at 9:37 PM, Mavric said:

I can't tell from that video.  Was she going right at an opponent?

Not a big fan either way but there is definitely a difference between showing off a bit and directly taunting an opponent.

I agree. Clark’s “You can’t see me” taunting was pretty weak and short. Reese did it until she knew Clarke saw it. Clarke seemed to take it when she just ignored Reese. If Clarke is going to dish it out she has to take it too, and she seemed to. I do not think Clarke has commented on it, has she? 

the thing I am confused about is why did LSU care about what Clarke did to SC? LSU seemed to be more upset pregame because Iowa was letting SC take 3 pointers. Who cares? Iowa did LSU a favor by taking down SC. I think they saw Clarke drop 40 points on SC and figured she was the real threat, so they decided to try and get in her head. I guess it worked. She only scored 30 on LSU.

• TBH 1

8 minutes ago, nic said:

I agree. Clark’s “I can’t see you” taunting was pretty weak and short. Reese did it until she knew Clarke saw it. Clarke seemed to take it when she just ignored Reese. If Clarke is going to dish it out she has to take it too, and she seemed to. I do not think Clarke has commented on it, has she?

Clark took the high road in defeat and said she wasn't bothered by Reese's taunt.

"I was just trying to get to the handshake line and shake hands and be grateful that my team was in that position," Clark said. "All the credit in the world to LSU. They were tremendous. They deserve it. They had a tremendous season. Kim Mulkey coached them so, so well. She's one of the best basketball coaches of all time, and it shows. She only said really kind things to me in the handshake line, so I'm very grateful of that too."

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now people can stop criticizing Reese. 

Cool that Clarke said this. She also suggested a double standard for women getting criticized for trash talk...and helped raise 22k for a local food bank by showing up for pictures. Stay above the fray and support Reese.hopefully Reese returns the favor.