Ox tail

On 4/5/2023 at 2:44 PM, I AM FOOT FOOT said:

Got a bunch for free, who's got a recipe???

I haven’t done it yet but have been intending to do an Irish Guinness Beef Stew using oxtail. There’s lots of recipes out there for Guinness stew…. I wouldn’t just throw it in a crockpot though. Flour and brown those suckers good before you put em in.

The Jamaican variety of oxtail stew is awesome but it looks like a whole bunch of work and appears to be something it takes awhile to get good at.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
34 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I haven’t done it yet but have been intending to do an Irish Guinness Beef Stew using oxtail. There’s lots of recipes out there for Guinness stew…. I wouldn’t just throw it in a crockpot though. Flour and brown those suckers good before you put em in.

The Jamaican variety of oxtail stew is awesome but it looks like a whole bunch of work and appears to be something it takes awhile to get good at.

My mom would do an ox tail stew, in a big old pot, I have no idea what she put in it but it was so good.  The meat was so tender.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

@I AM FOOT FOOT (had some difficulty not typing man eating mastadon !) :cheers  What did you decide with how to make ?

I can't add any recipes, but I always remember having it in a bowl with barley and vegetables - but as a side dish next to the main course chicken fried steak or a beef steak sandwich.  That's because we knew Ox Tail soup was delicious but everybody fought for the meat in the soup/stew lol.  So we adjusted by making a full dinner and had it on the side, like you would with a salad - but it was Ox Tail soup instead of salad.  Everybody was more than happy at that point.  We even had chicken enchiladas, rice, beans, and the bowl of ox tail soup lol.  Always plentiful and delicious

• Thanks 1

They are all still in the freezer, like 20 pounds of it so I'll get to try a few different things with it. As far as the foot foot thing I'm never doing edibles again. I got all f#&%ed up and a friend showed me the band the Shaggs. Just wth . I'll live out my days with a clear head and get a different user name soon! 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, I AM FOOT FOOT said:

They are all still in the freezer, like 20 pounds of it so I'll get to try a few different things with it. As far as the foot foot thing I'm never doing edibles again. I got all f#&%ed up and a friend showed me the band the Shaggs. Just wth . I'll live out my days with a clear head and get a different user name soon! 

I think I smoked them once.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
11 hours ago, I AM FOOT FOOT said:

Don't change it, I like the new name !  I liked the original too, but @I AM FOOT FOOT makes me think of Bigfoot..... and I am a HUGE Bigfoot conspiracy theorist fan, for fun !!! chuckleshuffle 

Well, mostly because I just wonder how it tasted on the grill !!! :rickjames  

I feel you about edibles (my girl loves them tho, so no complaints here!) but is it amazing how weed has transitioned from smoking light, harmless pot in the 1980's (or 1970's) ... to this super potent psychedelic experience you get from just one or two hits anymore.  Crazy!

Or like Louis CK says "they've been working on pot like it's the cure for cancer" :lol::lol:  

Whatever you do with OxTails, enjoy!  But please watch this and have a laugh (It was 7 years ago the last time I tried it again, and I felt the exact same things he says!!!  Since then - Never again !!) :lol:

• Haha 1