Mexico & the WAR on drugs

Action  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How should the USA deal with the “pandemic “ of drugs coming from Mexico?
The poll is multiple choice- choose more than one option if you want

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/10/gop-bomb-mexico-fentanyl-00091132

Nearly  71,000 Americans died in 2021 from synthetic-opioid overdoses — namely fentanyl — far higher than the 58,220 U.S. military personnel killed during the Vietnam War. And the Drug Enforcement Agency assessed in December that “most” of the fentanyl distributed by two Nearly 71,000 Americans died in 2021 from synthetic-opioid overdoses — namely fentanyl — far higher than the 58,220 U.S. military personnel killed during the Vietnam War. And the Drug Enforcement Agency assessed in December that “most” of the fentanyl distributed by two cartels “is being mass-produced at secret factories in Mexico with chemicals sourced largely from China.” 

For me this is a 'demand' issue and an enforcement issue on our side of the boarder.   This also implies that we create a tighter boarder as well - doesn't have to be a trump wall but it may mean more of a national guard presence and increase of border guards besides enhanced technology.  

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

For me this is a 'demand' issue and an enforcement issue on our side of the boarder.   This also implies that we create a tighter boarder as well - doesn't have to be a trump wall but it may mean more of a national guard presence and increase of border guards besides enhanced technology.  

We should be working very closely with the Mexican government to take down the cartels. Provide them with tons of support.  And, yes, enforce our side and do operations inside Mexico only if invited in. 

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The last option is horrible. The US would totally screw up what is fun about vacationing in Mexico. 

What - the dodging of bullets?  Oh wait, that is what happens in the USA.

28 minutes ago, commando said:

where is the MAGA option?    to nuke mexico?    

Yes that is just the byproduct of doing the full invasion option.   Of course Trump threatened to nuke little fat man and they  became best friends.  So it probably won't work. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We should be working very closely with the Mexican government to take down the cartels. Provide them with tons of support.  And, yes, enforce our side and do operations inside Mexico only if invited in. 

The Mexican President is usually in on it too...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, GSG said:

Disappointed that I'm the only one that wants to takeover Mexico 

Well, I for one think we should add Mexico and Canada to the US once we get the current territories with civilian populations included. We can make one of the Canadian Territories a State and have 100 stars! How could is that?

Just now, ZRod said:

Well, I for one think we should add Mexico and Canada to the US once we get the current territories with civilian populations included. We can make one of the Canadian Territories a State and have 100 stars! How could is that?

That Betsy Ross better get her a$$ back to sewing a new flag! 

I think taking out the cartels would risk civilians getting killed and would also just create a vacuum as long as there’s demand for the product.  So the problem never really goes away.   

it needs a multi pronged approach.  Supply, demand and enforcement.   Plus it’s not just Mexico.  Huge problem for sure.  A wall won’t solve it, like many Biden critics believe.