Thunderin' Bolts vs Creighton

We are at best only the 2nd best team in nebraska

At best we are the 5th best team in the B1G

At best we have 2 players that seem to care..

Bolt can't manage

Staff can't develop

Players have zero energy and absolute zero effort

Is it football season yet? (yes, likely another crap season of another Men's sport)

At this rate the B1G schools have every right to tell their administrators to kick Nebraska to the curb.

They can't make a bowl game

They can't make post season play in basketball

Outside of wrestling their other men's programs are a laughing stock and every school in the B1G knows Nebraska is a certain dub!!

Worst Men's athletic department in the B1G (Rutgers & Maryland are better, how sad is that?)

Thanks Bolt and company (players & staff) for taking our money and giving nothing in return. NOTHING!!!

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Yep, after these last 3 weeks of ho hum play I decided to take back the 3 days I was taking off for the B1G tourney. The team doesn't care to represent the state and fans so I decided I don't care to represent them. Won't even watch it on tube.. Yep, butt hurt again, not sure why I care so much. Wish I didn't but I do. Maybe fishing is the answer or more golf. At least those don't raise my blood pressure by 20 points. Guys/Gals ... enjoy the series loss this weekend and next. Then the season is over and Bolt and Company can give us excuses for such lackluster performance. Question is, will anyone care? Even the fanbase is showing their displeasure. Should have/could have had multiple sellouts, instead Trev and company have to come up with gimmicks to try and convince fans to show. This is Nebraska men's athletics now. How many times will donors have to step up and buy unsold tickets this coming season to continue the sellout streak? O/U guess is 4

Despite the team sputtering, I think they only need to win 3 of their last 6 games to lock up a top 8 finish and guarantee a spot in the conference tourney. If they can make it to Omaha, all best are off as the fans will come out in droves to support the team. If they can't get 3 wins from a putrid Penn State team and Purdue, they don't deserve to make it to Omaha. Penn State is legitimately awful on the road...2-12 and one of those was the first game of the year at Miami FL.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Despite the team sputtering, I think they only need to win 3 of their last 6 games to lock up a top 8 finish and guarantee a spot in the conference tourney. If they can make it to Omaha, all best are off as the fans will come out in droves to support the team. If they can't get 3 wins from a putrid Penn State team and Purdue, they don't deserve to make it to Omaha. Penn State is legitimately awful on the road...2-12 and one of those was the first game of the year at Miami FL.

All bets are off???

This team hasn't shown they have the desire to win. As for fans showing up, I wouldn't bet on that. (Especially if our first game is early) Truthfully,  why should we? Why should we support a team that doesn't want to win?

Why pay inflated costs at the ballpark, inflated ticket costs, have you purchased a beer at a sporting event lately? Gas prices sky rocketing, groceries over priced, inflation out of control and nearly 75% of the nation living paycheck to paycheck. Why should any of us support these entitled, self centered, selfish, privileged pretenders? 

It's not the coaches that are the issue. Pelini won here and was fired. Erstad won here and mostly left because the administration or lack there of.. Danny Nee won here, also fired? Our fans deserve more. They deserve more from the players, from the staffs, from the athletic department personnel and the university pencilneck board of regents. That won't happen until the fan base stops participating.  

This athletic department has, is and continues being the laughing stock of power 5 schools. I mean heck we've to this date never won a March madness game. We can't qualify for a post season bowl game when 84% of all teams do. This school has the luxury of a never ending cash cow fan base and yet for reasons that are a mockery this university can't field a single post season team. This university should be ashamed to call themselves competitive because they know and every school they face off against knows they aren't. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

All bets are off???

This team hasn't shown they have the desire to win. As for fans showing up, I wouldn't bet on that. (Especially if our first game is early) Truthfully,  why should we? Why should we support a team that doesn't want to win?

Why pay inflated costs at the ballpark, inflated ticket costs, have you purchased a beer at a sporting event lately? Gas prices sky rocketing, groceries over priced, inflation out of control and nearly 75% of the nation living paycheck to paycheck. Why should any of us support these entitled, self centered, selfish, privileged pretenders? 

It's not the coaches that are the issue. Pelini won here and was fired. Erstad won here and mostly left because the administration or lack there of.. Danny Nee won here, also fired? Our fans deserve more. They deserve more from the players, from the staffs, from the athletic department personnel and the university pencilneck board of regents. That won't happen until the fan base stops participating.  

This athletic department has, is and continues being the laughing stock of power 5 schools. I mean heck we've to this date never won a March madness game. We can't qualify for a post season bowl game when 84% of all teams do. This school has the luxury of a never ending cash cow fan base and yet for reasons that are a mockery this university can't field a single post season team. This university should be ashamed to call themselves competitive because they know and every school they face off against knows they aren't. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

16 hours ago, Loebarth said:

All bets are off???

Buddy, if you don't think Nebraska will draw 8k+ for a conference baseball tourney game in Omaha after missing the tourney last year, I don't know what to tell you. The Creighton/Nebraska game on Tuesday drew 5k just as a reference point.

37 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Buddy, if you don't think Nebraska will draw 8k+ for a conference baseball tourney game in Omaha after missing the tourney last year, I don't know what to tell you. The Creighton/Nebraska game on Tuesday drew 5k just as a reference point.

The "if" you left out is "if" they earn a spot. Watch, watch this team lose both remaining series not because they're not the better team but rather because they don't care. The effort won't be there this weekend and they're on the road next weekend. Maybe they'll play with a little more emotion against Purdue considering the lack of sportsmanship displayed to the huskers by Purdue last year but the lack of leadership displayed lately makes me think we win only the saturday game against purdue and finally the season of hope ends.

31 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

The "if" you left out is "if" they earn a spot. Watch, watch this team lose both remaining series not because they're not the better team but rather because they don't care. The effort won't be there this weekend and they're on the road next weekend. Maybe they'll play with a little more emotion against Purdue considering the lack of sportsmanship displayed to the huskers by Purdue last year but the lack of leadership displayed lately makes me think we win only the saturday game against purdue and finally the season of hope ends.

So you think they are going to get swept at home by Penn State? If so, let me know if you would be interested in a friendly side wager!

54 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

So you think they are going to get swept at home by Penn State? If so, let me know if you would be interested in a friendly side wager!

I get where you thought I was saying that PSU would sweep them. I think they win the saturday game but the other two, those are toss ups. My statement you quoted is confusing. I think they end the season 3-3 at best (win 2 this weekend, 1 next weekend) though I won't be surprised if they go 2-4 with 1 win only at home and at purdue. 12-12 to end the season. exactly where they were predicted to be. Another mediocre season hurray hurrah!! At least its not a losing season, right? A season that began with so much hope. :( :cry