Spring Game Overreaction Thread

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Balanced means your throwing and running attempts are close to each other.  I didn't expect an exotic offense during the spring game but I thought the number they were going to score more then 21 points.  For all those highlights that the University puts out showing practices the spring game certainly didn't make you feel like the offense was moving in the right direction.  It was a off day for them and the defense won the day.  Nebraska attempted to run the ball all game and occasionally throw the ball.  There wasn't much offense pace for the game.  

There were very few linemen available, and there is a clear difference in the quality of available quarterbacks. Who knows what the offense looks like with Thompson at QB.

Regarding your definition of a balanced offense I would be interested in seeing examples of offenses what you define as “balanced” and see their run-pass ratio.  I don’t really care what type of offense is being run. I just want it to be effective, and be complementary of the defense, to create a winning program. That can mean all kinds of offenses. 

16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There were very few linemen available, and there is a clear difference in the quality of available quarterbacks. Who knows what the offense looks like with Thompson at QB.

Regarding your definition of a balanced offense I would be interested in seeing examples of offenses what you define as “balanced” and see their run-pass ratio.  I don’t really care what type of offense is being run. I just want it to be effective, and be complementary of the defense, to create a winning program. That can mean all kinds of offenses. 

Like I said yesterday wasn't a real game.  We all want to see Nebraska win and have sustainable success. 

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Here's my "over" reaction, which is the same as it was before. This is a 3-4 win team. Prepare yourselves folks. Don't drink the kool-aid....yet.  Save it for year 2.

4 win team for shure,  but not Fo @sho chuckleshuffle:)

If we punt at midfield and play field position, run out the play clock, kick field goals and take advantages of turnovers, we could easily take a nap during games and find out that we win 5 or 6 games, maybe 7.  Brilliant - we are back!   But also averaging 275 yards total offense!  But hey, we beat Illinois at their own game (and Iowa's, and Minnesota, and Northwestern, etc... plus fun in the sun vs N. Illinois).  

Halftime report:  LaTech 17 Neb 6...   but don't worry, we will keep playing big ten style until we turn their mistakes into points for us and win 22-20.  Because we are back! :rickjames

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Here's my "over" reaction, which is the same as it was before. This is a 3-4 win team. Prepare yourselves folks. Don't drink the kool-aid....yet.  Save it for year 2.

Yep, the spring game convinced me my 1-2 wins prediction is on track. The bad snaps and fumbling is just so Nebraska the last decade.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4

Sims is so much better than any of the other quarterbacks that played yesterday that it was almost stupid.

Frank Solich convinced the equipment manager that rubbing the footballs down with bacon grease "increases aerodynamics." Simplest explanation for all of the fumbles. Definitely couldn't be that our players step out onto the field every time in front of a crowd with a scared, dear in the headlights look.

toilet-girl-spin.gif