Tominaga Declares for NBA Draft - Maintains College Eligibility

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

My unpopular take.......

He's had 1 good month in his entire career.  It happened to be very good.  I'm hopeful he can pick up where he left off.

Not sure why you think that's an unpopular take.

However, he started having success when Fred finally had him as a starter.  Shooters have to get into rhythms and sometimes that is hard to do if you're coming off the bench and only playing a few minutes at a time.  He finally started and was playing for most of the game....and then was able to get in his shooting rhythm and....then had success.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure why you think that's an unpopular take.

However, he started having success when Fred finally had him as a starter.  Shooters have to get into rhythms and sometimes that is hard to do if you're coming off the bench and only playing a few minutes at a time.  He finally started and was playing for most of the game....and then was able to get in his shooting rhythm and....then had success.

Don't disagree with anything you stated.

I'm hoping "then had success" continues.  From my standpoint he's being talked about as a "sure thing" by many and I'm just not there yet.

15 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Don't disagree with anything you stated.

I'm hoping "then had success" continues.  From my standpoint he's being talked about as a "sure thing" by many and I'm just not there yet.

I'm pretty optimistic about his abilities.  He's shown it in his play for Japan and also he shot very well with his tryout in Indianapolis.  I'm more concerned with how much of us success last season was because of the chemistry between him and Walker?  And....who is he going to have that chemistry with this year?

• 2 months later...

He's come a long way since arriving to Lincoln as a freshmen.  Never gave up, kept shooting, had a good run last year.  And it's a super honor to play for your Country.  I wish him the best - if he doesn't play in the NBA, he can always enjoy playing professionally in the EuroLeague, which is not too shabby.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
On 8/24/2023 at 10:09 PM, admo said:

He's come a long way since arriving to Lincoln as a freshmen.  Never gave up, kept shooting, had a good run last year.  And it's a super honor to play for your Country.  I wish him the best - if he doesn't play in the NBA, he can always enjoy playing professionally in the EuroLeague, which is not too shabby.  

Not to be picky, but I believe he arrived not as a freshman,  but after a stint in Jr. College...maybe 2  years?; but agree with the rest. Also, one might argue that Fred either didn't trust him/or believe in him enough to give him substantial playing time early and it's speculation on all of us as to whether or not that is partially Fred's fault or he really just wasn't ready. Regardless, I'm glad he's back and he will be a positive and marketable storyline throughout the season.

• TBH 3

2 hours ago, ECisGod said:

Japan won again today in the 17-32 side of the tournament (essentially the loser's bracket). 

Tominaga didn't have a good game - 5 points on 2-8 shooting (1-5 from 3) in 14 minutes.

Japan 86-77 Venezuela (Aug 31, 2023) Box Score - ESPN

The play Cape Verde on Saturday for their last game of the tournament.  At least I think it's their last game.

You're right.