Juco DT Joseph Townsend

Anyone know what the deal is with this guy. I see he hasn't signed a letter of intent yet rivals states him as being a Dec. Grad. Are grades an issue, or does he just need more time to sign. About 2 weeks left until classes start.

There was discussion on this guy in another thread, and I asked the same question. Apparently, he is a spring grad and Rivals is incorrect. This info is third-hand, so take it for what it's worth.

Anyone know what the deal is with this guy. I see he hasn't signed a letter of intent yet rivals states him as being a Dec. Grad. Are grades an issue, or does he just need more time to sign. About 2 weeks left until classes start.

I don't have the link to the story, but Townsend was quoted saying he will be at NU in the fall.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I was on another site and he said that he has four years to play three and that he was going to play the base defensive end position. I thought that he was a junior without a redshirt. I was just wondering if anyone could confirm this or was it just an error by the other site.

He's a 4 for 3 guy. I believe they said that on Big Red Wrap Up.

WOW. I didnt know that, I thought he was a 2 for 2 guy. Well that makes me feel a lot better about the future on the d-line than before. I know Crick is very capable but Smith is an unknown and it will take Crick at least a year to adjust to college speed. Townsend is built in the same mold as Carriker, I am not by any means saying he is, rather he has the potential to be very good. That gives us a very solid d-line for at least the next two years with potter, turner, townsend, suh, dixon, barfield, jensen, davis, yancy, and crick.