No Labels - a 3rd Alternative for 2024

3rd Party in 2024  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Add in the Rs that will never vote for anything else even if they don’t want him to run (like archy) and a viable 3rd option pretty much only steals votes from the only option that has a chance to beat him.

Why would you bring me into this?  I’ve already stated ( multiple times) I won’t be voting for Trump this cycle even if he’s the nominee.  Won’t vote Biden either.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Why would you bring me into this?  I’ve already stated ( multiple times) I won’t be voting for Trump this cycle even if he’s the nominee.  Won’t vote Biden either.  

Do you feel that voting for a candidate perpetually ties the voter to all the candidates decisions (assuming they win)?

• Plus1 1

Because I don’t believe you wouldn’t vote for Trump in certain situations. Yes you’ve said Desantis is your guy but when he flames out and it really comes down to Trump or Biden (based on your posting history of complaining about all things Biden and Dem and relatively little disparaging Rs or Trump) then yeah, when push comes to shove I see you voting Republican.  You would have to drastically change your posting proclivities to convince me otherwise.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 4

When it comes to "writing in" fruitless candidates, IMO it's only done to make oneself feel better.  And if that's all that matters to you the voter, then go for it.  It's a free country.  But, it does nothing to help anything or anyone else, and IMO the practice is akin to doing nothing at all.  There's no shame in voting for the "lesser of two evils."  These are all just my opinions and others may differ.  I would like to hear other points of view.  In my younger years I often shunned voting with the attitude of my vote really not mattering in the grand scheme. I now regret that stance and think it is important to get out and vote.  If nothing else, to set a good example for others (especially younger generations).

I don't think Kamala Harris would be a disaster per se should she step into the presidency. A Harris administration would pursue the same course as a Biden administration, roughly the same course as any other Democrat and no radical departure from how administrations by both parties have governed for 70 years. Harris knows her way around a teleprompter and her speeches would be both defensible and predictable. 

She will, of course, get savaged, not just by the GOP but by a surprising number of Democrats who never really warmed to her. But that's not really the point, either. The Democrats flocked to Biden precisely because he was an experienced cross-the-aisle centrist, but the moment he got the nomination, he might as well have been Bernie Sanders because the GOP strategists had the same Tool of the Far Left strategy lined up for him. They will come harder at Kamala, but they'll come harder at anybody. Can you imagine the field day they'd have with any candidate stepping in for Biden? Can you think of a single Democrat who would instantly calm the waters? Someone living and eligible to run? 

Lord knows the Dems can and must do a better job of fielding new and energized candidates, but the GOP now operates as a 100% obstructionist body. They don't know what they're for, they just know what they're against, and it's anything with a (D) attached to it. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Because I don’t believe you wouldn’t vote for Trump in certain situations. Yes you’ve said Desantis is your guy but when he flames out and it really comes down to Trump or Biden (based on your posting history of complaining about all things Biden and Dem and relatively little disparaging Rs or Trump) then yeah, when push comes to shove I see you voting Republican.  You would have to drastically change your posting proclivities to convince me otherwise.

I really don’t have to do anything nor care to convince you either way.   I was just stating what I will do, not intend to do.   

You are welcome to keep incorrectly tying my name to a Trump vote in 2024.   Since according to you, you blocked my posts awhile ago, you probably wouldn’t have seen the many posts of me complaining about Trump re-litigating 2020, having a backward looking agenda, and generally going off the rails since his loss that he can’t seem to get past.    

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

When it comes to "writing in" fruitless candidates, IMO it's only done to make oneself feel better.  And if that's all that matters to you the voter, then go for it.  It's a free country.  But, it does nothing to help anything or anyone else, and IMO the practice is akin to doing nothing at all.  There's no shame in voting for the "lesser of two evils."  These are all just my opinions and others may differ.  I would like to hear other points of view.  In my younger years I often shunned voting with the attitude of my vote really not mattering in the grand scheme. I now regret that stance and think it is important to get out and vote.  If nothing else, to set a good example for others (especially younger generations).

Between your last two posts, you are basically saying get out to vote, but only vote for the person who’s gonna win otherwise why vote?  

• Plus1 1

Between your last two posts, you are basically saying get out to vote, but only vote for the person who’s gonna win otherwise why vote?  

If you can accurately predict the future, then sure. Why not?  But, no that’s not what I said at all.  I only said “why vote” if you’re going to just write in a non- viable candidate.  It’s not hard to understand.  The R or the D is going to win.   Vote for the one you either like the most or dislike the least.  If you refuse to vote for candidate A theN vote for candidate B.  

5 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

If you can accurately predict the future, then sure. Why not?  But, no that’s not what I said at all.  I only said “why vote” if you’re going to just write in a non- viable candidate.  It’s not hard to understand.  The R or the D is going to win.   Vote for the one you either like the most or dislike the least.  If you refuse to vote for candidate A theN vote for candidate B.  

There are many instances where the R candidate is a sure loser to the D candidate or vice versa.   Voting for those candidates is no different than writing in a candidate.  So should people just not vote for the R or D candidate if they are sure losers? 

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

There are many instances where the R candidate is a sure loser to the D candidate or vice versa.   Voting for those candidates is no different than writing in a candidate.  So should people just not vote for the R or D candidate if they are sure losers? 

I was referring to the presidential election.   I don’t recall true sure losers in recent history.   It usually ends up being pretty close.  The polling prognosticators incorrectly predicted Trump as a sure loser in 2020 and that ended up being a close race.  The D’s have a numbers advantage and the R’s have an electoral advantage.  For the foreseeable future I expect close races.  So yes, much different than writing in a candidate who has absolutely zero chance of winning.  

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

I was referring to the presidential election.   I don’t recall true sure losers in recent history.   It usually ends up being pretty close.  The polling prognosticators incorrectly predicted Trump as a sure loser in 2020 and that ended up being a close race.  The D’s have a numbers advantage and the R’s have an electoral advantage.  For the foreseeable future I expect close races.  So yes, much different than writing in a candidate who has absolutely zero chance of winning.  

Except with the Presidential election, it’s a series of 50 individual elections.  Meaning R’s in CA have no shot at their candidate winning and D’s in ruby red states have no shot at their candidate winning that state.   That’s what I mean when I ask are you saying they shouldn’t vote because their vote will not alter an outcome?  

• Plus1 1

Except with the Presidential election, it’s a series of 50 individual elections.  Meaning R’s in CA have no shot at their candidate winning and D’s in ruby red states have no shot at their candidate winning that state.   That’s what I mean when I ask are you saying they shouldn’t vote because their vote will not alter an outcome?  

I still think people should vote regardless if nothing else, to show the opposing party they’re not giving up.  Plus I think more states should split up their electoral districts like Nebraska.  

Voting for a third party is almost always a bad idea. As stated previously, it absolutely dooms one of the two major political parties. Democrats are more vulnerable to this because their electoral coalition is weaker and prone to fracture. You're also voting for a candidate that won't win a single state. 

If you want to feel good about yourself because Joe Biden is just so old so you voted for say Joe Manchin as a Third Party candidate, that's fine. But you're the reason Republicans would win such a monumental landslide victory that it would take a decade for Democrats to recover.