No Labels - a 3rd Alternative for 2024

3rd Party in 2024  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The last time a third party candidate won an electoral vote was in 1968, when American Independent Party Candidate George Wallace won five states, 46 Deep South electoral votes and 13.5% of the popular vote simply by declaring himself more white nationalist than Nixon or Humphrey. I think the Wallace folk in 1968 saw both Humphrey and Nixon as the same Yankee elitist desegregationists, and saw no risk in their vote. 50 years later, George Wallace could be more popular than ever. The GOP basically stole his playbook. 

1968 was a disaster for everybody. 

When Ross Perot got 20 million votes in 1992, a lot of people (including me) didn't see a significant difference or danger between George H.W. Bush and BIll Clinton, and considered Perot at the very least a wake-up call to the two party system. But Perot's Reform Party turned into a clown show, drawing camera-happy populists like Jesse Ventura and Donald Trump.

Having proven himself easily triggered and unhinged as President, Donald Trump now vows to make his second term a revenge tour, literally promising to remove the bulwarks of democracy that prevent him from operating a dictatorship. Sadly, if the best chance of beating Trump means a comatose Joe Biden issuing statements written by an AI ChatBot, it's the preferable choice. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

A third party really needs to start at the local or state level.  Grow from there.  Get some people elected to congress...then they have a shot at President.  Just jumping straight to President, really doesn't work.

That said, it's still very frustrating that we can't have a viable third option....yet.

• TBH 1
On 4/29/2023 at 6:21 PM, Decoy73 said:

I still think people should vote regardless if nothing else, to show the opposing party they’re not giving up. 

So you think people voting for a candidate who has no chance of winning should still vote for who they actually want to vote for as a symbolic gesture of opposition...

unless that candidate isn't a republican or a democrat then they should change who they vote for or not vote at all?

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The last time a third party candidate won an electoral vote was in 1968, when American Independent Party Candidate George Wallace won five states, 46 Deep South electoral votes and 13.5% of the popular vote simply by declaring himself more white nationalist than Nixon or Humphrey. I think the Wallace folk in 1968 saw both Humphrey and Nixon as the same Yankee elitist desegregationists, and saw no risk in their vote. 50 years later, George Wallace could be more popular than ever. The GOP basically stole his playbook

That is why I say, the 2 parties have switched.  The GOP has become the old southern' Democratic party in so many ways.  A party of fear, intimidation and segregation -  from the new minorities crossing the southern boarder.      And yes, 1968 was a disaster.  I believe the worst year in our history outside of the civil war years and the great depression & WW2 years. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Manchin not seeking reelection in WVA.  Look for him on a No Labels ballot near you in 2024.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4302658-manchin-wont-seek-reelection-in-west-virginia/

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) announced on Thursday that he will not seek reelection to the Senate in 2024, almost certainly handing Republicans a seat in next year’s elections in a deep red state.

“After months of deliberation and long conversations with my family, I believe in my heart of hearts that I have accomplished what I set out to do for West Virginia. I have made one of the toughest decisions of my life and decided that I will not be running for re-election to the United States Senate,” Manchin said in a statement. “But what I will be doing is traveling the country and speaking out to see if there is an interest in creating a movement to mobilize the middle and bring Americans together.”

• Plus1 1