So I got a Blackstone Griddle, by the way, Walmart has the 32incher with the cover/hood for 300 dollars and I think Costco has their version on sale for 180!!

Anyone else have one and if so what do you like to griddle up?

I do a lot of chicken thighs, smash burgers, veggies, smashed chicken burgers...

I want to butterfly some chicken legs and try that, has anyone done that?

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't think using a griddle would be a good choice for chicken legs.  You really can't cook those through completely by using direct heat.  I think you would end up with either burnt skin on the legs, or raw meat near the bone, or both.

I watched a video and the guy butterflied the legs...it looked great.

I think that is the only way to really do it, like you said, the other way would be a wreck. 

Butterflying the legs seems like it would be more work than it's worth. I've never tried it though so IDK. I'd just stick to buying boneless breasts or thighs for griddle use, myself.

• Plus1 1

I did fresh cut fries on the griddle...it was okay, I would not do it again unless I put a pan on the griddle and added oil and did It that way.

Did brats on the griddle...the key was to cover them, got a good crisp on the outside.

I have not made a hash brown omelet yet but it is going to be done soon!

Here you go

• Oh Yeah! 2

23 hours ago, teachercd said:

I did fresh cut fries on the griddle...it was okay, I would not do it again unless I put a pan on the griddle and added oil and did It that way.

Did brats on the griddle...the key was to cover them, got a good crisp on the outside.

I have not made a hash brown omelet yet but it is going to be done soon!

Here you go

I think that HB Omelette is the first and maybe only thing I’d be making.

• Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I want to make it every day!

I usually make it all day without eating until supper but thanks to your little video I will be running out for breakfast today. Thinking seriously about getting a Blackstone griddle to use at work then I can have breakfast everyday.

19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I usually make it all day without eating until supper but thanks to your little video I will be running out for breakfast today. Thinking seriously about getting a Blackstone griddle to use at work then I can have breakfast everyday.

I have a friend and his father in law owned a machine shop (no idea if that is what it is really called), so he built his own huge as smoker and grill and would cook out at his shop (probably to avoid his insanely annoying daughters) for his crew.

I can't recommend the griddle enough.  I can't stop using it.  Last night, chicken gyros.  today shrimp and veggies.  Check out smashed taco burgers.

Smashed burger tacos and  smashed breakfast tacos

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have a friend and his father in law owned a machine shop (no idea if that is what it is really called), so he built his own huge as smoker and grill and would cook out at his shop (probably to avoid his insanely annoying daughters) for his crew.

I can't recommend the griddle enough.  I can't stop using it.  Last night, chicken gyros.  today shrimp and veggies.  Check out smashed taco burgers.

Ha. My business is similar to a machine shop and we also built our own stainless steel wood smoker and have a gas grill. The smoker gets used every few weeks. Everybody brings a little something and it’ll be going from 4 hours to a full 8 hours. Not long enough to do a brisket but after 8 hours of smoke you can finish it in your oven at home. Those are really low productivity days tho…

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That looks really good, but it also looks like the first step to your heart attack.

Also, how do dudes cook, especially working with raw meat, while wearing their ring? I take mine off as soon as I start cooking. 

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That looks really good, but it also looks like the first step to your heart attack.

Also, how do dudes cook, especially working with raw meat, while wearing their ring? I take mine off as soon as I start cooking. 

I never thought about that but good point.  I know with raw chicken I basically want to be I na hazmat suit. 

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah the food safety practices seemed to be lacking. Grabbing ground meat barehanded and then going directly to the spatula and, like you pointed out, that ring….

50 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah the food safety practices seemed to be lacking. Grabbing ground meat barehanded and then going directly to the spatula and, like you pointed out, that ring….

It if funny because I totally agree...but also when I am tailgating I find myself eating potato salad that has been sitting out in the sun for 10 hours...grabbing a hot dog that 12 other people touched and drinking out of multiple beers that "I think were mine"

Oh don't forget the ice luge for a shot!

• Plus1 1