** 2023 Opponent Preview : Northern Illinois (Game 3) **

At this point, and after what I saw in the first two games, I find it difficult to trust that Rhule and this team have what it takes to win football games. Please don’t get me wrong. I love the Huskers and will always be a fan till the day I die but after two decades of let downs, I just do not have the energy to keep setting myself for disappointment. Every week, I convince myself that this week will be different and we will turn a corner, and every week I see this team find new innovative ways to lose winnable games. Rhule says the right things but he is not backing it up with action. He benched grant for fumbling yet he allowed Sims to commit four turnovers without any consequence. He might have lost the respect of some of the players and that makes it harder to convince them to play lights out for him. 

So, while I pray we win, I lack the belief in this unit including players and coaches. However, I really hope they prove me wrong. Go Big Red.

• TBH 1
8 hours ago, admo said:

@Archy1221 Although, I don't have much room to talk.  I'll never forget a great line my coach told me at halftime.  I threw an INT in three straight games.  But then I threw 2 picks in the 2nd quarter, and one was right before half when we were threatening to score.  

He had great wisdom and funny punch lines.  He chewed out the LBs, the OL, the WRs and then yelled at me:

Coach:    "Admo!  Do you want the other team to win?!!!!!"

Me:    "Nooo!"

Coach:   "Then stop helping them!"

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

But yeah he was right

First tackle I made in HS was after I threw and INT.  My coach always said if you throw it to them you better make the tackle.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

30 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

At this point, I don't think we win anything until the game is played.  We can't take anything for granted as this team seems to always find ways to f up a wet dream.  It seems if it's impossible to screw up anymore of an unknown way, we go and find that way.  

We have the talent that the 75% chance would make sense, but yes, this team has been a mental case in the extreme for over 5 years now. I would never bet on them as a sure thing.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Will Sims even play in this game? I thought I saw somewhere that he was being held out with the high ankle sprain and that we would see HH?

I think he was out of practice earlier this week, but that's to be expected. I'm pretty confident he'll play Saturday (despite everyone's best judgement).

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2