** 2023 Opponent Preview : Michigan (Game 5) **

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess the NCAA couldn't take the teasing for cheeseburgers and broke their own rules to talk about the case. Now M lawyers are pointing the out. 

I think like most people the NCAA are just ticked at Harbaugh for summer camps, one time transfer support, NIL support, you name it. Looks like he will coach the entire 2024 season, and if I were a betting man I would say the NCAA let's this one slip away quietly before they are even more embarrassed. I was talking with OSU and MSU fans this weekend and the comment I heard was "you know it looks bad for the NCAA when OSU and MSU fans side with Harbaugh"

4 minutes ago, nic said:

I guess the NCAA couldn't take the teasing for cheeseburgers and broke their own rules to talk about the case. Now M lawyers are pointing the out. 

I think like most people the NCAA are just ticked at Harbaugh for summer camps, one time transfer support, NIL support, you name it. Looks like he will coach the entire 2024 season, and if I were a betting man I would say the NCAA let's this one slip away quietly before they are even more embarrassed. I was talking with OSU and MSU fans this weekend and the comment I heard was "you know it looks bad for the NCAA when OSU and MSU fans side with Harbaugh"

This is Harbaugh's last year at UM imo.  He has almost gone the the NFL each of the last 2 years.  So now he'll coach this year, then head off to the Falcons, Cowboys, Seahawks, Titans, etc and then the NCAA will give him some penalties that he will never have to serve.

• TBH 1

My post should probably go into the CFB thread.  But since it's Michigan topic, I find NCAA violations fascinating and yet, I wonder about the NCAA's timing with them.

Tinfoil hat on with chin straps :)

Texas A&M goes 9-1 and NCAA comes out with violations.

Tennessee goes 11-2 (beats Alabama & Clemson): NCAA comes out with violations.

Clemson wins national championship: NCAA comes out with violations.

LSU wins national championship: NCAA comes out with violations.

Ohio State self reports minor violations and is in the clear with NCAA.

Alabama self reports minor violations and is in the clear with NCAA

NCAA makes Notre Dame vacate wins and got put on one year probation

NCAA makes Ole Miss vacate 33 wins... SEC SEC SEC

Michigan beats Ohio State 2 years in a row, wins 2 Big Ten Championships, plays in 2 CFB playoffs..........  NCAA comes at them with violations and suspends Head Coach Harbaugh.

I have no doubt that most teams break some rules (money, recruiting, deals, tampering, NIL before NIL, analysts helping with coaching position players, etc, whatever).  I just wonder about the timing of it all.  Seems like when a team starts to put themselves in a position to win a lot, become a contender or build a mini dynasty, the NCAA comes along and digs things up, and sends them back down.  

Next up: Georgia ?  TCU ?  USC ?  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

Keep trying to convince yourself that they are just trying to pick on Michigan.

• TBH 2
32 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Keep trying to convince yourself that they are just trying to pick on Michigan.

The NCAA is so inconsistent with their punishments they have become a joke. That is all it is. Not picking on M, just the same old song. It is interesting they broke their own rules to talk about the violations though. I think texting recruits during a dead period and evaluating players over zoom during the pandemic was added information.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, admo said:

My post should probably go into the CFB thread.  But since it's Michigan topic, I find NCAA violations fascinating and yet, I wonder about the NCAA's timing with them.

Michigan beats Ohio State 2 years in a row, wins 2 Big Ten Championships, plays in 2 CFB playoffs..........  NCAA comes at them with violations and suspends Head Coach Harbaugh.

I have no doubt that most teams break some rules (money, recruiting, deals, tampering, NIL before NIL, analysts helping with coaching position players, etc, whatever).  I just wonder about the timing of it all.  Seems like when a team starts to put themselves in a position to win a lot, become a contender or build a mini dynasty, the NCAA comes along and digs things up, and sends them back down.  

How about this. M wins more championships this year. Harbaugh bolts for the NFL next year. The NCAAs last gasp punishment before college football breaks from the organization and makes them irrelevant is to vacate Michigans championships/wins from 2020 through 2023 because of the competitive advantage they had over everyone else....

...due to an analyst coaching on the field, buying a couple lunches, texting recruits and having zoom calls during the extended dead period for the pandemic... and otherwise being a pain their butt during the investigation....:cowbell:

Reality is what you said... this drags into 2024, the NCAA imposes some form of suspension for Harbaugh in 2024 and he bolts for the NFL....if any team will have him. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, nic said:

I find it funny. They now let boosters pour millions into these kids and they are acted like him buying them cheese burgers was some major offense. Heck, even what they claim now is laughable. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Red Five said:

This is Harbaugh's last year at UM imo.  He has almost gone the the NFL each of the last 2 years.  So now he'll coach this year, then head off to the Falcons, Cowboys, Seahawks, Titans, etc and then the NCAA will give him some penalties that he will never have to serve.

That would humble a loooootta Seahawks fans. There is not much love there and since Pete and Schneider moved on from Russ and other disgruntled stars from the SB teams, they are making moves to be competitive again. 

I get it though, not your main point, but I’d throw up if he is the HC of the ‘Hawks

On 8/14/2023 at 5:06 PM, admo said:

Okay now do all the times teams that weren't top championship level got hit with violations and then also do all the times that championship level teams haven't got hit with violations.

• 4 weeks later...