Thunderin' Bolts @ Purdue

Honestly, I can see us losing 2 here. Hope I'm wrong but I won't be at all surprised if/when we limp away going 1-2 against a team with an RPI outside of the top 200. Please let me be wrong. Hoping for a sweep and a Northwestern series win. 

edit:

while i'm at it let me give the finger to the B1G network. They could be showing 1 game of every series (it is the last weekend after all) but nope, if you want to see the skers.. pony up the cash. Well here's what I say to the B1G (middle finger held high)!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Honestly, I can see us losing 2 here. Hope I'm wrong but I won't be at all surprised if/when we limp away going 1-2 against a team with an RPI outside of the top 200. Please let me be wrong. Hoping for a sweep and a Northwestern series win. 

edit:

while i'm at it let me give the finger to the B1G network. They could be showing 1 game of every series (it is the last weekend after all) but nope, if you want to see the skers.. pony up the cash. Well here's what I say to the B1G (middle finger held high)!!!

Purdue gave up 51 runs total in their last series, they suck. Let's not forget Nebraska should have added motivation after the horsecrap rain delay Purdue called last year on a day where it didn't start raining at all until at least 4 hours after their game with Maryland was scheduled to begin. But after losing 14-7 and 18-7 in the first two games, and a third loss coupled with a Nebraska win over Michigan State would have been curtains for their season, so they had to get out of playing the game somehow and avoid dropping out of the conference tournament.

F***ing cowards. F*** Purdue. Anything less than a sweep of these pants-pissing babies, Will Bolt should give back a small chunk of his salary for this season.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

So, listening to the game and watching live stats... 

Top of 2 (pitch count NU 17 16, PU 7)

Not sure why the boys think they need to swing at every first pitch.. they only made the purdue pitcher throw 7 pitches.. To me it's infuriating!!

Now, top of 2, little patience at the plate and they start with a 4 pitch, leadoff walk. Much better!!

Now bunt him to 2nd. Nope, fly out and no advancement.

Rocket through the infield by Fisher.. Runners on the corners - 1 out

bunt squeeze attempt, gabe tagged at home.. now runners on 1st and 2nd - 2 outs

base hit, 2 runs scored - double by Columbus - still 2 outs 

Mosely flys out